Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 01-27-2009, 08:02 AM   #11
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

He's just pi$$ed because he got himself a Harley and STILL didn't get laid. Life ain't fair.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-27-2009, 08:18 AM   #12
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

I say bring back the cast iron jugs! And hairpin valve springs! And hand operated oil pumps! Painted black, or course.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:56 PM   #13
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

I'm not feelin' this new "dark custom". It doesn't get my blood pumping like the Fat Bob or the Cross Bones. It's just missing that special something.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:38 PM   #14
newagetwotone
Registered Member

Ingenuity? creativity?
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:28 AM   #15
anrajala
Founding Member

Life ain't fair. I mean, look at the Cadillac. Once they had the brand worth more than all the Japanese brands put together. They got complacent and thought if it aint broke why fix it. Good brand, good concept, even if the average age of the buyer was rising all the time.

Look at them now. They've fallen so far back technically that its almost farcical. Can they survive? I hope so.

So what's this got to do with this flat black 2009 worster you ask. Think about it.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:42 AM   #16
newagetwotone
Registered Member

Worster? Are you one of those idiots that calls a Sporty "a womens bike?"
Old 01-28-2009, 11:35 AM   #17
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Think about it."

I did. Harley once owned the motorcycle industry in the US. Then they got bought out because of sagging sales. Then they almost went under altogether. Now they own the majority share of the US MC industry again, and sell more bikes than the Japanese and Euro brands put together sans Honda.

Think about it.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:52 AM   #18
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
"Think about it."

I did. Harley once owned the motorcycle industry in the US. Then they got bought out because of sagging sales. Then they almost went under altogether. Now they own the majority share of the US MC industry again, and sell more bikes than the Japanese and Euro brands put together sans Honda.

Think about it.
Honda is a motorcycle company?
Old 01-28-2009, 12:03 PM   #19
newagetwotone
Registered Member

I thought they made Civics and lawnmowers....
Old 01-28-2009, 12:07 PM   #20
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post
Life ain't fair. I mean, look at the Cadillac. Once they had the brand worth more than all the Japanese brands put together. They got complacent and thought if it aint broke why fix it. Good brand, good concept, even if the average age of the buyer was rising all the time.

Look at them now. They've fallen so far back technically that its almost farcical. Can they survive? I hope so.

So what's this got to do with this flat black 2009 worster you ask. Think about it.

- cruiz-euro
Acccccctually- Caddi is the money maker (as it were) for GM. They are building low-volume quality vehicles that are worth their Caddi price tag. Now, through the 80s until about 2000 it was pretty weak. But that Northstar V8 motor that Caddi developed (over a decade ago) is the same motor dropped into all FWD GM cars with V8 options. Caddi developed the FI system for that motor independent of the other brands, too. I'd say that brand-wise Caddi has the best GM platform going. So much so that it should break from the other brands and become it's own company again. Owning a Caddi is cool again.

On to the Sporty: Nice enough. Too bad HD won't actually maket it as a entry-level bike. Do people buy 883s anymore? They ought to compromise and build a water-cooled 1100 cc bike for the masses. Oh, they tried that already and no one buys those bikes, either.
I like the V-Rod concept, but don't really like the design. Think HD would ever come up with a better idea on masking that big lump of a radiator? If it didn't look so funny it'd probably be a fun bike to own.