Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 01-21-2009, 12:11 PM   #11
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
Well, at 50 grand a pop that is $10 million in annual revenue. Not sure what the profit margin is, but I would think, at that price, there should be some sort of profit.
The R&D on the prototype should be in the low millions. Motors are easy enough at about $6k each, but the frame tooling is probably in the low teens. The cpu, f.i. and electrics are all in the low teens (based on the fact that if you loose the magic red Ducati key it will cost you a minimum of $5000 to replace the CPU, wiring harness and ignition). There's $20-25k in cost right there without the Supercharger and plumbing which has to be in the $2k-4k area. Not even calculating suspension pieces, wheels, braking systems and whatnot. Suddenly, your left with $10-15k (per copy) split between labor, marketing and warranty repairs. Not to mention the salaried execs. Pretty tight fit all the sudden.
I wish them well. We need guys like him to keep things interesting, but unless he manages to incorporate less expensive building methods the money is going to be really, really tight for the first 5-8 years.

Ammended: If you look at what the cost is to build the Ducati GP replica and this bike I'd bet they're pretty close.

Last edited by acecycleins : 01-21-2009 at 12:15 PM.
acecycleins is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-21-2009, 06:51 PM   #12
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Well, at 50 grand a pop...
Only $50,000? Sign me up!

Never you mind that I won't be able to get a loan at my local bank (because of the credit crisis). The boys down the corner, Vinny and Bobby, will hook me up.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:39 PM   #13
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
The boys down the corner, Vinny and Bobby, will hook me up.
Their rates are what, 90-120% of the loan, right?

Sounds like a deal. You should buy two and call it a day.

Oh, and I believe they do offer ARM loans. If you don't pay, they take one of your arms.

Is this thing on? I'm here all week.

I tell you, with my doctor, I don't get no respect. I told him, "I've swallowed a bottle of sleeping pills." He told me to have a few drinks and get some rest.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:04 PM   #14
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Their rates are what, 90-120% of the loan, right?
Is that all? There's an ad on teevee with Gary Coleman for loans. If you borrow $2500, you pay back $9,000. I kid you not, no exaggeration.