Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 01-09-2009, 01:20 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default Graves offers WORKS YZF-R6 parts

Original Article:
Graves offers WORKS YZF-R6 parts

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Graves offers WORKS YZF-R6 parts in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-11-2009, 06:35 AM   #2
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Sweet, Factory parts for the small guy, I like that!
Old 01-11-2009, 06:45 AM   #3
seruzawa
The Toad

Be the envy of the Burger Barn now!
Old 01-11-2009, 07:14 AM   #4
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"You can't bolt on skill"

Oh the irony!
Old 01-11-2009, 07:19 AM   #5
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

“We’re taking things to the next level by bringing all of these parts to privateers so they can have the same bike Ben Bostrom rode to the Supersport championship,” says Chuck Graves, company president and team owner.

Just for the record, I have the same set of golf clubs that Tiger Woods used to win the Masters. Watch for my name on the leader board for next year, but please don't hold your breath while doing so.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:44 AM   #6
MOKE1K
Registered Member

So hatful and negetive, your reputation preceeds you. Beside's you have to beable to actually use those Tiger Woods club's brother not just own a set, like all your friends located at this Burger Barn you seem to constantly day dream about.

Too bad you got to many ticket's on your Busa I could have showed you how to use that aswell, it will turn you know?

Last edited by MOKE1K : 01-11-2009 at 07:54 AM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 08:23 AM   #7
acecycleins
Founding Member

LR, you must hate change. I know I have hammered and hammered that this DMG/AMA thing will be better than what we've been dealing with in the past. DMG's idea of parts availability is precisely what Graves is doing now. If you build it then sell it- is not a bad concept. Not everyone will pay to play, but at least they'll have the opportunity. You'll find Attack doing this for Kawi, Yosh/Jordan for Suz, Erion already sells many parts and Ducati sells all of their Corse parts already it should be a good thing. Now guys like Ryan Elleby can actually race for the lead- if he's willing to pay to play. The kid has skills but runs a privateer effort on a string. With help from DMG to find sponsorship- like Grand Am does for their teams- and the availability of those parts it's possible for the "little" guy to actually have a consistant shot at the podium.
We have to face the fact that WSBK types of budgets can't work in an all American series. Change is good and the new Superbike American style will be good too. Everybody will have a chance at making more money and the racing will be better because the playing field was leveled- to a degree.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:40 AM   #8
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
LR, you must hate change. I know I have hammered and hammered that this DMG/AMA thing will be better than what we've been dealing with in the past. DMG's idea of parts availability is precisely what Graves is doing now. If you build it then sell it- is not a bad concept. Not everyone will pay to play, but at least they'll have the opportunity. You'll find Attack doing this for Kawi, Yosh/Jordan for Suz, Erion already sells many parts and Ducati sells all of their Corse parts already it should be a good thing. Now guys like Ryan Elleby can actually race for the lead- if he's willing to pay to play. The kid has skills but runs a privateer effort on a string. With help from DMG to find sponsorship- like Grand Am does for their teams- and the availability of those parts it's possible for the "little" guy to actually have a consistant shot at the podium.
We have to face the fact that WSBK types of budgets can't work in an all American series. Change is good and the new Superbike American style will be good too. Everybody will have a chance at making more money and the racing will be better because the playing field was leveled- to a degree.
You're absolutely right, but it's so much fun to get MOKE's panties in a wad.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:27 AM   #9
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
You're absolutely right, but it's so much fun to get MOKE's panties in a wad.
Baahaa, don't flatter yourself, apparently your not as intellegent as you think you are. You just end up sounding dumb. Just a shame we can't talk face to face at "your" Burger Barn, I suspect you'd be alot more formal in person, instead of letting your mouth run endlessly like a hole that can't stop spewing diarrhea.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:19 AM   #10
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator

Aaahhh, Sunday morning banter. Warms my heart, I tell you.

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote