Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 01-03-2009, 05:47 AM   #11
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Greed? Excess? Surely you jest. I hope you realize the CEO of my company had to get by on a mere $127,000,000.00 in 2007. I don't know if you've ever tried to keep up with the bills on $347,945.20 a day, but I can tell you, it's not easy. In fact, it's so tough, Jeff and his pals had to sell or try to sell off various profitable divisions of the company so they could inflate the stock value in 08 and bump up those bonuses even more. Keeping groceries in the pantry at home is much more important than having the GE brand on home appliances, plastics, and other basic industrial products. We can always just buy them from the Chinese, so who cares? I sure hope for 2008 they aren't going to take the 2/3 drop in the valuation of the company out on management and cut their pay. It's not like it's their fault!
Holy sh*t! 127 million?! I'd like to try to "survive" on $347,000 every year!! How 'bout every three years?

Speaking of overpaying employees, what's up with the Yankees paying Mark Teixiera $180 million over 8 years?! That's $22 million per year. At 160 games per season, that's roughly $125,000 PER GAME!!!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-03-2009, 08:05 AM   #12
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
Holy sh*t! 127 million?! I'd like to try to "survive" on $347,000 every year!! How 'bout every three years?

Speaking of overpaying employees, what's up with the Yankees paying Mark Teixiera $180 million over 8 years?! That's $22 million per year. At 160 games per season, that's roughly $125,000 PER GAME!!!
Sports are entertainment, just like movies. I don't begrudge the athletes their salaries because at least they work hard for it most of the year. Even off season they have to work at it. No one is forcing anyone to buy tickets and it's a simple supply/demand thing. The looters that are really annoying are the actors who make millions for a couple of weeks "work". Listen to the commentary tracks on some DVDs sometime. These actors just love to whine about how hard it was to work 16 hour days for a whole week! And it was 100 degrees out! LOL!
Old 01-03-2009, 09:09 AM   #13
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

The biggest difference is that atheletes had to earn their job and the movie industry hands out acting jobs to relative. Just check out how many big 'stars' are related to someone in the industry.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:54 AM   #14
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
I'd like to try to "survive" on $347,000 every year!! How 'bout every three years?
Heh, I probably haven't grossed that much TOTAL since I started in the workforce 24-years-ago at age 14.................
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote