Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 12-12-2008, 08:42 AM   #21
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
Think about it in a risk vs. reward scenario. He sells you the bike and he gets, at best, a $500 commish. He ignores the babe, and risks losing a lifetime of bliss (or at least a night). Wonder how that worked out for him.

That's true, I'd rather talk to a little sweetie than some geezer like me, I guess i was just being selfish........

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-12-2008, 09:04 AM   #22
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

About 10 years ago there was this cherry GPZ550 on the floor at that place in Azuza who's name I forget, and I was all ready to buy it, had my money out and everything. Before I started signing the papers I asked "can I ride it?" to which the salesman at Burt's said "no, no test rides".

"Not even in the parking lot?"

"No, no test rides."

So I told the salesman I would have to be an idiot to buy a 20 year old bike with no warranty from a dealership with no test ride. One sale lost.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:32 AM   #23
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
That's true, I'd rather talk to a little sweetie than some geezer like me, I guess i was just being selfish........
Like anything there are good salesmen and bad salesmen. I went to Plaza Cycle (terrible dealership) a few years back looking for a bike. I looked at and sat on a Blackbird for about 15 minutes. Three sales guys standing over by the watercraft just stood there, flexing their muscles at each other and staring at me. So I went upstairs and looked at the used bikes. The salesman there was very professional and I could tell he really wanted to sell me a bike. Even offered new tires and a test ride on a CBR1000F.

Some salesmen don't really want to sell anything. They will actually talk a customer out of a sale. LOL! Like Humble BMW years ago. A friend of mine really wanted an R80. The salesman refused to show him one and kept trying to steer my friend to the R100s. He ended up buying a Japanese something. Pretty funny.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:50 AM   #24
trenttheuncatchable
Founding Member

There's no way I'm going to buy a motorcycle from a dealership without a test ride. I understand if they don't want to give test rides on new bikes, but then they should have a demo model available. It seems strange that I can get a demo ride on a Ducati or a Triumph or BMW from one dealer, but not get a demo ride on a much less expensive Japanese bike from another dealer.

Can you imagine going to a car dealer and being asked to buy a car without a test drive? And cars are usually four times the price of motorcycles.
trenttheuncatchable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 09:57 AM   #25
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
Think about it in a risk vs. reward scenario. He sells you the bike and he gets, at best, a $500 commish. He ignores the babe, and risks losing a lifetime of bliss (or at least a night). Wonder how that worked out for him.
500.00 Commission? You'd have to sell a Honda Rune to make that kind of money.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:21 AM   #26
sachiwilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
In other words, a $500 commission never happens?

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 10:35 AM   #27
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post

If you sell a Rune you should get the Congressional Medal of Honor!
Old 12-12-2008, 10:55 AM   #28
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

I think a lot of it is how you present yourself too. When I go looking for a new bike I always ride my old one there so I'm geared up and ready to go. At BMW and Harley dealers and one local Japanese multi-line I'm always offered a test ride specially now I'm older, sometimes like with the Ully & Street Rod I take them up on it, other times I don't feel I need to.

It's the same when I'm selling a bike. If the guy shows up with riding gear and a serious attitude I'll let them take a spin, if he shows up in tennis shoes wanting to borrow a helmet then I'll tell them come back when you're ready to deal. I don't really blame dealerships from not doing test rides, espesially Japanese lines because that's where you get the squids and newbies... i wouldn't let them ride my bike either.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:38 AM   #29
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachiwilson View Post
In other words, a $500 commission never happens?
Not even on the mighty Vmax @ 20,346.68 out the door, which Iam selling today! Probably make around 300.00 and thats good!
Old 12-12-2008, 11:39 AM   #30
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
If you sell a Rune you should get the Congressional Medal of Honor!
Laughing out loud!!!