Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2008, 06:56 AM   #41
MOKE1K
Registered Member
 
MOKE1K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kalapana, Big Island
Posts: 3,994
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachiwilson View Post
Moke, keep in mind that physical age isn't the same as emotional age.
Thank god for that!!!
__________________
"YOU CAN'T BOLT ON SKILL"
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-19-2008, 07:25 AM   #42
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

 
longride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Anywhere they let me
Posts: 10,479
Default

Dude, you need to take a breather. You are probably tired from digging that hole halfway to China by now. MOKE, I'm sure you are a good dude. 100% sure. I'm also sure you make certain statements about people or bikes, and then dig yourself real deep trying to defend those statements. I'm sure you would agree that Buells are cool bikes for those people that really like em. We also know by now you really don't like them. To argue that they suck because they can't beat Mladin on Sunday or they don't win races against this bike or that bike isn't a real good argument for most folks here. Nothing wrong with not liking a bike, but to grind the argument into the ground with more questionable statements doesn't help you here. All you had to say is that you don't care for them and leave it at that. Again, I am not bashing you, but I am trying to have you look at what you say from a different perspective. That's it.
__________________
I'm a knucklehead
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:53 AM   #43
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Nobody could be that stupid.....but this one has possiblities.
Oh boo hoo. You guys are so mean.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 08:02 AM   #44
pplassm
Founding Member
 
pplassm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,875
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
You're funny Moke.

I haven't seen any Suzukis beating the HDs on the 1/2 mile lately. Ever heard of dirt track, the most entertaining motorcycle racing of all? Nothing beats the flat track. Try it.
I dunno. Jake Johnson and JR Schnabel have their moments. I know they've won heats.

At the Indy Mile, the amateur race was dominated by Kawasakis(!), Aprilias and Suzukis.
__________________
Mongo just pawn in game of life.

Last edited by pplassm : 11-19-2008 at 08:06 AM.
pplassm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 08:06 AM   #45
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

Aw come on...what is this group hug time? jeezuss...I could beat this punk b*tch on my bagger in the f*kin' rain...GSXR are overweight underpowered slugs just like any other Jappernese bike, that hog out there is 96 CUBES BUDDY that's 15,800 CC's..what the hell is a Suzuki ? 1000 cc's?...why the Harley could lick it in a trot.....You guys gonna let this snot nose talk to you that way? why I was racin' and winnin' when the best part of him was runnin' down his moms leg !!!

Get back in the ring now dam* it..no more o' this touchy-feely "we all bros because we all ride" sh*t, get out there and start swingin' !!!!!
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 05:56 PM   #46
The_AirHawk
Founding Member
 
The_AirHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leanin' Tower O' P-P-P-P-POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Posts: 11,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Dude, you need to take a breather. You are probably tired from digging that hole halfway to China by now. MOKE, I'm sure you are a good dude. 100% sure. I'm also sure you make certain statements about people or bikes, and then dig yourself real deep trying to defend those statements. I'm sure you would agree that Buells are cool bikes for those people that really like em. We also know by now you really don't like them. To argue that they suck because they can't beat Mladin on Sunday or they don't win races against this bike or that bike isn't a real good argument for most folks here. Nothing wrong with not liking a bike, but to grind the argument into the ground with more questionable statements doesn't help you here. All you had to say is that you don't care for them and leave it at that. Again, I am not bashing you, but I am trying to have you look at what you say from a different perspective. That's it.
What a nice, well-though-out statement. Wholly uncharacteristic of you, Longride. Reading this, I can only conclude you have turned-over a new leaf, and we're seeing a kinder, gentler Longride on the MO forums.

That, OR YOU'RE A FREAKIN' IMPOSTER - WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH LONGRIDE, YOU IMPOSTER-YOU?!!!!!
__________________
Parfois, on fait pas semblant
Sometimes, it's not pretend
Oderint Dum Metuant
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 05:58 PM   #47
The_AirHawk
Founding Member
 
The_AirHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leanin' Tower O' P-P-P-P-POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Posts: 11,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
Gee, that's pretty old. You should probably sell you Hawks to me. I wouldn't want you to get hurt as you approach your senior years...
I would reply with some snide comment, but I was unable to hear you due to the fact I'm deaf in one ear, can't hear outta t'other.........

(an' forgot my speck-teckles, so I can't read, but it don't matter nohow 'cuz I just forgot what I was talkin' about)
__________________
Parfois, on fait pas semblant
Sometimes, it's not pretend
Oderint Dum Metuant
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:08 PM   #48
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
What a nice, well-though-out statement. Wholly uncharacteristic of you, Longride. Reading this, I can only conclude you have turned-over a new leaf, and we're seeing a kinder, gentler Longride on the MO forums.

That, OR YOU'RE A FREAKIN' IMPOSTER - WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH LONGRIDE, YOU IMPOSTER-YOU?!!!!!
He's happy about being able to get another HD for 2-3K real soon.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 08:40 PM   #49
MOKE1K
Registered Member
 
MOKE1K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kalapana, Big Island
Posts: 3,994
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Dude, you need to take a breather. You are probably tired from digging that hole halfway to China by now. MOKE, I'm sure you are a good dude. 100% sure. I'm also sure you make certain statements about people or bikes, and then dig yourself real deep trying to defend those statements. I'm sure you would agree that Buells are cool bikes for those people that really like em. We also know by now you really don't like them. To argue that they suck because they can't beat Mladin on Sunday or they don't win races against this bike or that bike isn't a real good argument for most folks here. Nothing wrong with not liking a bike, but to grind the argument into the ground with more questionable statements doesn't help you here. All you had to say is that you don't care for them and leave it at that. Again, I am not bashing you, but I am trying to have you look at what you say from a different perspective. That's it.
I appreciate your statment LR, and also realize the pack will most likely turn on you aswell to some extent.

The only thing I will say about your response is I never said they sucked once, if anything its been quite the opposite. I only start to defend myself when other's are putting words in my mouth and start bashing me for my opinions which are unwarranted.


Thats fine if you guys like them, I like them too I just dont prefer them and I can appreciate the bike itself. The only reason it may seem Iam grinding it into the ground is because everyone bashes me when I dissagree nicely.

When I say something as small as yawn for example, and people tell me I'am an expert that never rode one, and have no experience, thats when I start with my real opinions and true feelings towards those types of negetive statments.

If one of you guys portrade your opinions on a site such as Wera (major roadrace site) you'd be sitting in my shoes and would take quit a bit of heat as I have here. Obvioulsy Iam on the wrong site and I know that.

Please read through this post and see how many people are coming to the wrong conclusions and putting words in my mouth. Obviously they are taking offense because I dont agree with thier opinions. Remember all that I said was Yawn and everyone else has brought it too this point, sure I'v been nasty but only when they have struck first. Thanks LR, Iam trying to see it from a different perspective but when I get jumped Iam not just going to sit here and take it, when all of my responses have been positive towards Buells, please read through again.

Iam sorry they have never competed and won against Japanese bikes on a roadrace coarse but is that my fault.I also think I said I'd be the first to buy one when they did.
__________________
"YOU CAN'T BOLT ON SKILL"

Last edited by MOKE1K : 11-19-2008 at 08:46 PM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off