Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/)
-   -   Buell produces 125,000th motorcycle (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/10011-buell-produces-125-000th-motorcycle.html)

MOKE1K 11-18-2008 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 197816)
Eric Buell hasn't "made" an engine for any of his stuff since the '80s............

I believe that was my point.

MOKE1K 11-18-2008 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tripleripple (Post 197795)
I'm convinced. I have a great running 2006 Buell XB12Ss. Will someone please take it off my hands? If you have a truck, you can just have it. I need a superior bike but can't afford to keep this heap and something severely less comfortable but faster above 10K rpms.

See how stuuuuuupid that sounds? I know because I used to make that same argument when I was 18 and loved my buddy's CBR600F3. Grow up MOKE, I did.

Argument? no argument here, your buell looks fine underneath you. Is it a crime because I choose something other than your bike? You can ride what you like and I can ride what I like? We both have our reasons for choosing what we ride, I dont think mine is superior, but its proven more competitive.

Have you seen a class thats races Buells and Japanese together other than Moto-st and seen Buells winning?
When they go head to head and the Buell's come out on top, time and time again,...I'll buy one, and race it.

Until then I'am never growing up if thats whats involved. I'll stay young and stupid. Call me crazy but I havent seen a Harley or a Buell continuously beating Mladins Suzuki week in and week out.

So, your Buddies bike was'nt even your bike? Baahhh

longride 11-18-2008 12:09 PM

"Call me crazy but I havent seen a Harley or a Buell continuously beating Mladins Suzuki week in and week out."

How many times did you beat Mladin this year on what you are riding?

tripleripple 11-18-2008 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOKE1K (Post 197823)
Argument? no argument here, your buell looks fine underneath you. Is it a crime because I choose something other than your bike? You can ride what you like and I can ride what I like? We both have our reasons for choosing what we ride, I dont think mine is superior, but its proven more competitive.

Have you seen a class thats races Buells and Japanese together other than Moto-st and seen Buells winning?
When they go head to head and the Buell's come out on top, time and time again,...I'll buy one, and race it.

Until then I'am never growing up if thats whats involved. I'll stay young and stupid. Call me crazy but I havent seen a Harley or a Buell continuously beating Mladins Suzuki week in and week out.

I just mean it's immature to say "it's not the fastest on a racetrack? Yawn." Which is basically what you did. Because you certainly cannot argue a Buell of any kind, save the Blast, is not fast on a racetrack. It's narrow-minded to do that because there are a million and one reasons to ride a motorcycle and amateur racing is pretty much the smallest reason that people do it. Maybe the people at Buell thought about this and decided to cater to a larger audience who doesn't really care about what happens between you and your buddies one weekend a month when the weather cooperates. Have I seen a class where Buells beat Japanese brands? No. Have I seen any class lately? Nope. Who cares? I just don't give a damn.

And is there something funny or demeaning about a friend of mine owning a particular bike ten years ago? I don't get it...

seruzawa 11-18-2008 01:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MOKE1K (Post 197823)

You're funny Moke.

I haven't seen any Suzukis beating the HDs on the 1/2 mile lately. Ever heard of dirt track, the most entertaining motorcycle racing of all? Nothing beats the flat track. Try it.

http://www.californiabikeweek.com/cb...011-s600px.jpg

Dr_Sprocket 11-18-2008 03:18 PM

Have you ever seen how fast those Moto GP 250 riders scoot around the track on Speed TV? They could totally embarrass 99% of the riders out there on the street today.

You know what we used to call skateboarders, back in the day, who had all the best gear but who couldn't bust out a decent trick? Posers.

MOKE1K 11-18-2008 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 197826)
"Call me crazy but I havent seen a Harley or a Buell continuously beating Mladins Suzuki week in and week out."

How many times did you beat Mladin this year on what you are riding?

How many times have you beat him on your cruiser? Thats not what's in question here, dont change the subject.
What's in question is how many buells beat mladin week in and week out, need the answer,...never!

MOKE1K 11-18-2008 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 197839)
You're funny Moke.

I haven't seen any Suzukis beating the HDs on the 1/2 mile lately. Ever heard of dirt track, the most entertaining motorcycle racing of all? Nothing beats the flat track. Try it.

http://www.californiabikeweek.com/cb...011-s600px.jpg

Why does it take a change of subject to win the argument, guess you cant stay on point to win this discussion, is that all you have, guess so. try again.

Have you ever heard of the tl motor in dirt track? Its taken some wins if Iam not mistaken.

MOKE1K 11-18-2008 03:40 PM

Everyone can jump on me if you choose, but the simple fact is NO HARLEY EVEN BUELL HAS NOT BEATEN ANY JAPANESE MANUFACTURE IN OH,...FOREVER, IN SUPERBIKE,...PERIOD! SO STOP YOUR CRYING. Iam the first to buy when they can prove themselves.

MOKE1K 11-18-2008 03:49 PM

Even the mighty VR1000 couldnt do it, and they couldnt even finish a race,....with russell at the controls. WUWT?