Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance

Old 10-15-2008, 10:06 AM   #1
pushrod
Founding Member

Thumbs up Dupont Teflon Lube

I've been a big fan of the DuPont Teflon Multi-Purpose Lubricant. I've been using it on my chain for a couple of years now, and I've been very impressed with its corrosion prevention, lubrication, and resistance to 'sling'. Also, since it is clear, it doesn't gunk up the sprocket, and what little does sling off doesn't mess up my silver-colored wheels.

Anyway, the other day, I finally remembered to try some on my front brake lever. I'd been having issues with the front brake being 'grabby', and decided to hit the lever pivot pin and master cylinder piston with a bit of lube. While I was at it, I also shot a bit on the fork tubes. You see, I've always had a bit of 'stiction,' and wanted to see if the Lube would make any difference.

Lemme tell ya! The brake lever is smooth as silk, with no stick at all. The front forks are more 'plush' and smooth than I can remember them ever being. The change was immediate, too.

Heck, when I got home that night, I shot some in the keyswitch, on the clutch lever pin and then, for good measure, down the clutch cable. Got on the bike the next morning, not thinking about it, and immediately noticed how smooth the clutch felt. Actually, the 'feedback' from the lever was so much silkier, I almost stalled the bike when I went to roll out of my garage.

You can buy the stuff in either an aerosol can, or in a dropper bottle. I use the aerosol. I bought mine at the local Lowe's for around $6, IIRC. I've been using the same can the whole time; a couple years. I 'do' the chain every 500 miles.

A great product, and not expensive.

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-15-2008, 10:38 AM   #2
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

So what percentage kickback you gettin from DuPont??
Old 10-15-2008, 11:10 AM   #3
pushrod
Founding Member

Nothin'!

They don't write, no pictures... nothin'!

I mean, I'd be happy with a case or two of HE, y'know?

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:23 PM   #4
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Typical bourgeoisie capitolist oppressors... here you are a loyal hardworking and industrious user of their product, you take it upon yourself to let others know of it's value and what thanks do you get? NOTHING, not a picture, not a post card, not even a phone call saying last night was fun.....

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote