Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/index.php)
-   Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   Thank you honda, thank you... (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9722)

Shinglejohn 10-07-2008 11:09 AM

Thank you honda, thank you...

I have spent all week going over and repairing my hillbilly 650, today i got the oil filter in the mail, the last thing i was waiting on, so i reassemled the bike, filled her up with oil started er up and let er idle a bit to blow the cob webs out and get nice and lubed.

today is a really nice day up here in cleveland, so i was psyched to finally take my new ride out, so i pull it out of the garage, do some checks and turn the ignition press start and....nothing. main fuse, blown. 30 Amp ribbon link. nowhere to be found locally. thanks honda. thanks, thats another week long wait for a stupid part.

seruzawa 10-07-2008 11:43 AM

If you are clever you can put a small automotive fuse block in and use automotive fuses. Or put in an inline fuse holder. Might take some clever routing but it's one thing to consider.

Or you could just put in a piece of copper wire like sarnali2 would.

Shinglejohn 10-07-2008 11:56 AM

hmmm...maybe ill go searching for that first idea. i learned my lesson on that second one a couple of years ago when i melted half my harness.

Shinglejohn 10-07-2008 12:23 PM

Ha, i tried a car fuse and it fried, fast. sounds like a new electrical mess.

pushrod 10-07-2008 12:24 PM

Just don't use a .22 LR for a fuse.

sarnali2 10-07-2008 02:07 PM

Don't listen to Saruzawa, he's still resting on his Oxygen Destroyer Bomb laurels. Beside I don't use copper wire for fuses I use galvanized nails, they smell funny when they start to melt that way you know there's a problem and you can switch off before it catches fire.

Plus don't even have to pay for them, you can find buckets full of nails around any construction site. Throw the extra ones in the neighbors driveway, that'll teach him for letting his cat crap in your flowerbeds.....

mscuddy 10-07-2008 02:54 PM

What, are we workin' on a Honda or an old BSA here? Bypass the whole starter circuit like I said in a previous email and fergetaboudit.

sachiwilson 10-07-2008 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinglejohn (Post 195372)
hmmm...maybe ill go searching for that first idea.

Get a fuse block at Eastern Beaver. They have a couple kinds that might work for your needs.

jameswhite 10-13-2008 05:25 PM

Make your bike's life long

It is not difficult to look after your bike. There are few steps to make your bike’s life long. Change engine oil on time, also change air filter on time and go for tuning as suggested by your mechanic.

Crystal Meth Recovery

James White

sfcdjevans 10-13-2008 06:05 PM

My mechanic?

I've overheard my mechanic saying he wants to buy a boat. Then he looks at me.

What I really need is a garage and a second bike.