Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance

Old 08-26-2008, 05:38 PM   #1
danhynes
Registered Member

Default 94 gsx500 Idle and shift questions

I just bought a 1994 gsx500 as my first bike. I have a couple of questions. How do I adjust the idle, and what should the idle be for this bike? It appears low to me in relation to other bikes I have ridden. Also, at approximately what speed should I be shifting into second gear, as I think I am shifting way too soon. Thank you, Dan
danhynes is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-09-2008, 04:51 PM   #2
volvo mech
Registered Member

Alright im just a mechanic. but in my oppinion when you hear the rev going pretty high thats when you should shift, but like i said im a mechanic. i just recently picked up my cousins bike and i have the same question about the carbs. i would like too ask if anyone knows the specs for the duel carbs on a 1993 GS 500 E. if anyone can help me let me know. I hope i helped a little bit on your question Dan, talk to you later.
volvo mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:02 PM   #3
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

With the invention of moveable type, etched-copper picture plates, and the multi-layer printing press; a Bible was the first document printed. The second was a Motorcycle Manual.

You really should obtain one for your particular motorcycle, as it will be able to tell you more about that particular bike than any person on this planet.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote