Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance

Old 08-20-2008, 03:27 PM   #11
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
C'mon Moke, you've been around here long enough to figure out the response pattern: 80% BS humor and/or political rants (is there a difference?), 15% serious, and 5% LongRide ripping somebody a new one. I'm just pissed because I got beat to the eating joke.

Oh I know, didnt even read the eating joke part.hehe
Iam thinking no ones on the current roadracing loop in here?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-20-2008, 04:04 PM   #12
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Oh I know, didnt even read the eating joke part.hehe
Iam thinking no ones on the current roadracing loop in here?
Kirk, aka: Acecycleins, most assuredly is. I reckon there's others too. Some day I'd like to get into the "historic" racing, AHMRA or something like that.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:22 PM   #13
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Iv got another forum member that does that. He seems to really enjoy it. Goes to Ohios big race every year.

I knew there had to be someone in here that new what the hell Iam talking about, like I stated before anybody whos going really fast like competitivly fast is using them. I am sure they wont question what kinda of rider I am!

Heres one of the companies that make them,...
GP Suspension > New Products

Last edited by MOKE1K : 08-20-2008 at 04:31 PM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 05:26 PM   #14
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Iv got another forum member that does that. He seems to really enjoy it. Goes to Ohios big race every year.

I knew there had to be someone in here that new what the hell Iam talking about, like I stated before anybody whos going really fast like competitivly fast is using them. I am sure they wont question what kinda of rider I am!

Heres one of the companies that make them,...
GP Suspension > New Products
However plenty of people who are merely dangerous to themselves and others also bolt all those trick parts on so it really doesn't prove anything.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:45 PM   #15
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Anyone have any experience with these, they are for the race bike(06gsxr600) just not sure if they are worth the invesment.

Apparently makes the bike turn in quicker. The problem I also have is the wide range in pricing for these things? Are some better than others, and whats the difference? Thanks in avdance.
Increasing the trail won't make the bike turn-in quicker - but it WILL stabilize it in the straights, which is what they appear to be talking about here (amongst all the poorly-worded ad-copy-babble): GP Suspension > News Story: 2006 GSXR600/750 M15 extender cap

Quote:
With the ever-growing demand of larger diameter rear tires from the major tire manufactures. There has been a need for additional trail needed to be put back in the chassis. With the new fork caps for the 2006 GSXR 600/750 you are allowed to lift the motorcycle and additional 15mm for increased trail and also gaining swing arm angle. We decided to use a pin style for on off uses to keep overall height to a minimum. Utilizing M39x4 pinholes or M4 pin spanner for removal. Manufactured From 7075 T6 aluminum (far superior than 6061 T6) and Hard Anodized.
My question is - Why do this, when a steering damper will do this for you, without sacrificing turn-in. (not that 15mm of length is enough length to increase the trail on a Gixxer-Sixxer to make it handle like a Cruiser)

I'm also betting that it isn't so much a "need for additional trail needed to be put back in the chassis" - the Manufacturers know what they're doing when they engineered the bike - it's that the bike is far more than the typical amateur/dabbler is able to handle effectively. I know that I am certainly not able to use everything one of these bikes is capable of, and I suspect that probably a considerable number of guys aboard even the race bikes as well. So, the next best thing is to "dumb down" the bike a bit - make it feel like it's more-stable, and the rider goes faster - because their confidence-level in the bike has increased.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 08:23 PM   #16
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
However plenty of people who are merely dangerous to themselves and others also bolt all those trick parts on so it really doesn't prove anything.

Whos trying to prove anything? Maybe if I showed up with these on my racebike at a bikenight sure???

Besides those same merely dangerous people roam the internet aswell;]

Last edited by MOKE1K : 08-20-2008 at 08:46 PM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 08:46 PM   #17
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Increasing the trail won't make the bike turn-in quicker - but it WILL stabilize it in the straights, which is what they appear to be talking about here (amongst all the poorly-worded ad-copy-babble): GP Suspension > News Story: 2006 GSXR600/750 M15 extender cap

My question is - Why do this, when a steering damper will do this for you, without sacrificing turn-in. (not that 15mm of length is enough length to increase the trail on a Gixxer-Sixxer to make it handle like a Cruiser)

I'm also betting that it isn't so much a "need for additional trail needed to be put back in the chassis" - the Manufacturers know what they're doing when they engineered the bike - it's that the bike is far more than the typical amateur/dabbler is able to handle effectively. I know that I am certainly not able to use everything one of these bikes is capable of, and I suspect that probably a considerable number of guys aboard even the race bikes as well. So, the next best thing is to "dumb down" the bike a bit - make it feel like it's more-stable, and the rider goes faster - because their confidence-level in the bike has increased.
Thats strange the few I have talked to about it say it feels like it turns easier and quicker. Usually turning it in quickest
makes you the quickest, most times.

Dont you realise that things tested and learned on race tracks end up on showroom floors? Manufactures make suttle changes
directly implamented on the racetrack, have you seen this latley its ashtonishing? Its been going on since the dawn of mtorcycling?

Airhawk? Iam not sure what dumb down means maybe you should explain that one? Also explain how a steering dampner can make the bike turn in quicker? If Iam 3 whole secounds off the pace, Iam looking for any advantage I can get? Our lap record is 1:15
Iam not sure I should be taking advice from you unless you can muster anything close to these times though really;]
Old 08-20-2008, 08:52 PM   #18
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator

Quote:
Obviously lowering the bike makes it steer quicker, and the opposite would make it more stable in the staights.
Which is why Iam asking?
Moke, you just agreed with me. Yet in your first post you said:

Quote:
Apparently makes the bike turn in quicker.
Which they do not, as you agree. So what's the issue? OH I SEE!! You plan to raise the WHOLE bike, because raising the REAR (which you didn't mention at all in your first post) will aid turn in. Well duh, how silly of me, not to intuitively understand what you meant to say, but didn't.

Maybe you know motorcycle suspension design (I'm not persuaded you are), but you have no ability to ask a comprehensible question.

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 09:51 PM   #19
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

From my own experiance Moto Crossing I know the temptation is to blame the bike if you're off the pace, specially when everyone else is doing it. About that time you've convinced yourself that's the problem the local shoe or someone else shows up on a box stock version of your bike and laps half the field.........

Though I have not ridden the latest GSXR nor have I done a track day in recent memory I can pretty safely say you must be megga-fast if you're using up all that a stock one has.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 08:14 AM   #20
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachiwilson View Post
Moke, you just agreed with me. Yet in your first post you said:

Which they do not, as you agree. So what's the issue? OH I SEE!! You plan to raise the WHOLE bike, because raising the REAR (which you didn't mention at all in your first post) will aid turn in. Well duh, how silly of me, not to intuitively understand what you meant to say, but didn't.

Maybe you know motorcycle suspension design (I'm not persuaded you are), but you have no ability to ask a comprehensible question.
Wow bro your high strung I think thats why Iam asking these questions?, because in theory that I'v learned and my experience of racing for 10yrs tells me otherwise? Besides in my original post all I asked was about pricing and if anyone had 1st hand experience with these? Peopele have told me that use them, that it makes the bike feel like its turning in quicker regaurdless of geometry settings???

Why do I need to persuade you of anything? You obviously dont have any experience with this product and seem very upset from a little bit of miscommunication on my part.

Heres a suggestion if you dont have any derect experience with what Iam asking then dont answer if your going to get bent out of shape,from your high horse. Relax its just a forum. Theres no issue just asking jezz?