Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-mods-maintenance/)
-   -   Fast Lane Pass (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-mods-maintenance/9237-fast-lane-pass.html)

Riza 08-15-2008 10:38 AM

Fast Lane Pass

Anybody has any suggestions how to temporarily attach a fast lane pass on the bike.
I only occasionally use it and don't want any strips on my windshield. To hold it in your hand is very inconvinient.

:rolleyes:

Thanks
:)

BrowningBAR 08-15-2008 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riza (Post 191401)
Anybody has any suggestions how to temporarily attach a fast lane pass on the bike.
I only occasionally use it and don't want any strips on my windshield. To hold it in your hand is very inconvinient.

:rolleyes:

Thanks
:)

I don't think it requires a line of sight, but proximity. Shouldn't it work if you attach it to the outside of a tank bag or saddle bag?

pushrod 08-15-2008 12:16 PM

Is it RFID or is it a barcode?

If it's RFID, BB is correct. It just needs to be on the left side of the vehicle.

If it's a simple barcode, you'll have to figure out a way to temporarily mount it so the scanner can see it as you sail by. Maybe a ziptie to the rear rail or something.

The_AirHawk 08-15-2008 08:28 PM

According to what the FAQ describes, it appears to be RFID. But they say the transponder should be perpendicular to both the road-surface and direction of travel to get the best "read".

Will it fit in the map-pocket of a tankbag? (on top)

Riza 08-16-2008 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 191452)
According to what the FAQ describes, it appears to be RFID. But they say the transponder should be perpendicular to both the road-surface and direction of travel to get the best "read".

Will it fit in the map-pocket of a tankbag? (on top)

It is a small box, you can see it on the picture if click on the link in my original post.

I keep it in the map pocket on the top of gas tank. But it is not "read" there.

It has to be higher. Few times I had to hold it with my teeth :eek: :D

The_AirHawk 08-16-2008 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riza (Post 191471)
It is a small box, you can see it on the picture if click on the link in my original post.

I keep it in the map pocket on the top of gas tank. But it is not "read" there.

It has to be higher. Few times I had to hold it with my teeth :eek: :D

Looks just like the "Pike Pass" Oklahoma issues (probably the same, but not same-same).

Kenneth_Moore 08-17-2008 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riza (Post 191471)
It is a small box, you can see it on the picture if click on the link in my original post. I keep it in the map pocket on the top of gas tank. But it is not "read" there. It has to be higher. Few times I had to hold it with my teeth

It looks just like the Florida Sun Pass (aka: Filter for tourists and stupid people). Mine works fine as long as there's no metal over it. It even works sitting in the passenger seat of my convertible car. The Sunpass has a place for suction cups; do you have a windshield? BTW: watch yourself and don't get distracted in the toll lanes. They're notorious for extra layers of oil and antifreeze.

trenttheuncatchable 08-18-2008 12:41 PM

I mounted my I-Pass underneath the windshield, which is tinted dark, and found out that the sensors did not detect it. So now it's mounted directly on top of my tank bag, and that works 90% of the time. The biggest concern to have is to make sure your bike is registered under your I-Pass (or equivalent) account, so that if they notice a missed charge the worst thing that happens is that they charge you for the toll. Fines get very expensive for vehicles using automatic tolling without being registered under a toll account.

pushrod 08-18-2008 01:08 PM

Duct Tape!

Stick that sucker to the left side of your helmet!

Is it waterproof?

You didn't mention what bike you're on.

Riza 08-22-2008 11:09 AM

Duct tape sticks to everything but ducts and bikes.
Also leaves nasty sticky white marks on your bike that you can take off only with "Googone".
Proven by my own experience :mad: