Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance

Old 08-13-2008, 07:32 PM   #1
DrkSoldier
Registered Member

Question 1984 Honda Interceptor V700F firing issue

Hey I just got my first bike and I have a problem, the front 2 cylinders aren't firing. I know its not the coil we've flipped them to see if it would fire on the other side and it did so I'm lost. Any ideas? If anyone can get me a wiring diagram that would be amazing. Thanks.
DrkSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-14-2008, 07:07 AM   #2
seruzawa
The Toad

Get you a wiring diagram? There's a currently available manual for those Hondas with a wiring diagram from Clymer. You can buy one like anyone else has to.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:36 PM   #3
DrkSoldier
Registered Member

Talking Thanks! Anything else?

Hey thanks I found the book and it's on the way. I didn't even know that it exsisted. That's a great start to finding what's up. Any other ideas?
DrkSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 09:21 PM   #4
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkSoldier View Post
Hey thanks I found the book and it's on the way. I didn't even know that it exsisted. That's a great start to finding what's up. Any other ideas?
Remove the entire wiring harness from the bike according to the instructions in the manual, then give it a good going-over to ensure that every wire has good insulation, all the connectors are clean and shiny, with no corrosion anywhere on them. Use a di-electric grease on each and every connector to prevent anything from getting in and corroding it further.

Reassemble, then soak Motorcycle in a Warm Saline-Solution for two days. Remove from Solution and rinse and dry thoroughly, ensuring ALL the saline has been removed from every nook and cranny.

Discard Motorcycle.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote