Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-mods-maintenance/)
-   -   Loud pipes for Spirit (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-mods-maintenance/9213-loud-pipes-for-spirit.html)

AJLChase 08-12-2008 07:54 PM

Loud pipes for Spirit

Buying my first bike next week. And the first thing I really want to do to it is put some loud pipes on it. I've seen Vance and hines as well as Cobras are pretty popular...any suggestions on which models to look into?

Buzglyd 08-12-2008 08:06 PM

These posts have to have Seattle IP addresses.

BrowningBAR 08-12-2008 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 191217)
These posts have to have Seattle IP addresses.

Nope, not in Seattle.

sachiwilson 08-12-2008 08:44 PM

Chase, ol' boy. Loud pipes will piss people off (which affects ALL of us), and will likely make your bike run like crap and waste gas.

BrowningBAR 08-12-2008 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sachiwilson (Post 191220)
Chase, ol' boy. Loud pipes will piss people off (which affects ALL of us), and will likely make your bike run like crap and waste gas.

The first part is true.

seruzawa 08-13-2008 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrowningBAR (Post 191229)
The first part is true.

I love the sound of frying exhaust valves in the morning!

sarnali2 08-13-2008 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 191239)
I love the sound of frying exhaust valves in the morning!

Sounds like.......Victory..

Actually Chase ol' bean, there are no loud pipes available for your bike, you'll have to keep the stock ones on there. Save your money for tires and oil changes, you'll be doing yourself and the rest of us a favor.

Buzglyd 08-13-2008 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 191242)
Sounds like.......Victory..

Actually Chase ol' bean, there are no loud pipes available for your bike, you'll have to keep the stock ones on there. Save your money for tires and oil changes, you'll be doing yourself and the rest of us a favor.

Not to mention Shadows sound horrible with straight pipes on 'em.

Kenneth_Moore 08-13-2008 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJLChase (Post 191216)
Buying my first bike next week. And the first thing I really want to do to it is put some loud pipes on it. I've seen Vance and hines as well as Cobras are pretty popular...any suggestions on which models to look into?

No need to buy a new exhaust, AJ. You can drill or hammer out the baffles in the stock pipes. Just pull the mufflers off and go in from both ends. I use a 5' length of all-thread with a hole saw bolted on the end. Just find one that fits inside the muffler and drill. The baffles can also be hammered out, but drilling is a little more managable.

Don't fret these pansies who don't like loud pipes. Be loud, be proud!

sarnali2 08-13-2008 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 191252)
Not to mention Shadows sound horrible with straight pipes on 'em.

they really do. I don't think I've ever heard one that sounded good, just tinny and loud.