Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance

Old 07-21-2008, 02:43 PM   #11
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

I think those little pony kegs of Heiniken they sell are a gas tank waiting to happen.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-04-2008, 09:46 PM   #12
jmatsilv
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscuddy View Post
A buddy of mine's old CR480 gas tank is spider webbed and looking bad.

Was wondering if any MOron out there has used tank sealers on plastic tanks with favorable results? I've used a sealer on fiberglass with good results, but never plastic. Looked for plastic gas tank sealers on the internet, nada. Only this one, which says maybe, yes and no.

Gas Tank Sealer - Large Motorcycle Tank Sealer Kit - Better then Kreem - KBS Coatings
Hey

I've used this stuff from Caswell Plating...its awesome! I sealed 2- 1982 Suzuki RM tank's with it and the results were great! It's the only one I found that advertises that it works on plastic. Once it's dry the inside of your tank looks like glass....it's sweet. I ordered my in Canada from their Canadian site, but here's a link to the American site. Hope this helps.

Caswell Inc. - Epoxy Gas Tank Sealer

Jason
jmatsilv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 09:47 PM   #13
jmatsilv
Registered Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatsilv View Post
Hey

I've used this stuff from Caswell Plating...its awesome! I sealed 2- 1982 Suzuki RM tank's with it and the results were great! It's the only one I found that advertises that it works on plastic. Once it's dry the inside of your tank looks like glass....it's sweet. I ordered mine here in Canada from their Canadian site, but here's a link to the American site. Hope this helps.

Caswell Inc. - Epoxy Gas Tank Sealer

Jason
P.S. Krylon makes a paint for plastic called FUSION that really works too. But seal the tank inside before you paint the outside.
jmatsilv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 05:30 AM   #14
pplassm
Founding Member

You know there's 6 CR480 tanks on ebay right now, right?
Old 11-05-2008, 05:35 AM   #15
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by pplassm View Post
You know there's 6 CR480 tanks on ebay right now, right?
Naw. They'd rather implement some Rube Goldberg solution. It's more fun.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:53 AM   #16
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Neverming Guys, my buddy is dead now, planted up in Forrest Lawn Hollywood Hills. His folks sold the 480 to some junk man, hauled it away in an old beat up Toyota pick up full of dead water heaters and other junk. In my mind I'll be riding with Mike every Sunday on the road to El Mirage in his '69 396 El Camino with AC/DC's "Heaven & Hell" blasting out of the speakers, looking forward to a great day of riding. When my time comes I hope that's where I'll be, 'cause that was heaven and I didn't know it at the time.

R.I.P. Mike Simeon.