Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance

Old 06-23-2008, 10:53 AM   #1
Adam61981
Registered Member

Default Help Needed: 1975 CB360T

I just got a '75 CB360T and am having some issues. Was wondering if anyone had some advice/knows what's going on:

-The engine revs horribly, even in neutral. If I open the choke it settles down but it will die. If I close the choke it will rev like crazy. The RPM's will shoot up to 5,000. This is even after an hour or so of riding.

-The engine revs when the clutch is squeezed. I'll take my hand off the throttle and if the clutch is squeezed, the engine revs. If I'm at a stop light I have to hold the clutch right at the friction zone to get it to rev normally, otherwise it revs like crazy.

-The engine continuously wants to propell me. Think cruise control. If I'm in second and give it some throttle and then lay off to cruise, the engine will keep propelling me so that I either have to shift to a higher gear or ride the brakes.

I'm not very mechanically inclined so I'm sort of perplexed here. Anyone have any idea what this could be? Thanks in advance!
Adam61981 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-30-2008, 11:49 AM   #2
CleverHans
Registered Member

Know this is a bit of an old thread, but it sounds like either the carb butterflies and/or the throttle cable is sticking. Have you tried lubing the cable?
CleverHans is offline   Reply With Quote