Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-mods-maintenance/)
-   -   1700 Roadstar (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-mods-maintenance/7735-1700-roadstar.html)

longride 04-14-2008 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjbcole (Post 182315)
You know when I wrote in I was looking and hoping for sincere helpful suggestions. But all I got was a bunch of smart a$$ replies. This site is a joke, what a waste of time. :(

So you joined here so you could possibly get a free fix for your bike and it didn't turn out that way so you get pi$$ed at us? People here gave you suggestions. Did you take any of them? My suggestion was the best. I think the guy that calls himself a mechanic sucks. Get someone that knows what he is looking at to look at your bike, get it? You don't have a clue, so you need someone that does have one. FIND A REAL MECHANIC!!!! I wrote it big so you could see it real good this time.

longride 04-14-2008 05:20 AM

I have a question for all here. Is it me, or is this the first time you ever heard of anyone f&cking up their bike by cleaning the air filter?

Kenneth_Moore 04-14-2008 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjbcole (Post 182315)
You know when I wrote in I was looking and hoping for sincere helpful suggestions. But all I got was a bunch of smart a$$ replies. This site is a joke, what a waste of time. :(

Smother the motorcycle in Kramp Easy-Lube. Drain all fluids, disconnect and remove the battery, and submerge the motorcycle in warm salt water for 18-24 hours. Remove the motorcycle from the salt water and dry carefully, using pressurized air where needed. Discard the motorcycle.

The_AirHawk 04-14-2008 05:51 AM

Although I've heard of some mighty strange ways of breaking something - this here is the first time for that one.

seruzawa 04-14-2008 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 182360)
I have a question for all here. Is it me, or is this the first time you ever heard of anyone f&cking up their bike by cleaning the air filter?

Well, I made the big mistake back in the 80's of putting a pod filter on my wife's CB125. Never could get it to run right. So I imagine that if his filter was reassembled incorrectly it could screw things up.

But soaking the carburetor in an acid solution has probably ruined it permanently. This is like the first time I've ever heard of a "mechanic" doing something like that. I've had mechanics screw my cars up a few times over the years. The motorcycles I screw up myself.

Plenty of idiots put out signs saying "Motorcycle Mechanic" who don't their @sses from a hole in the ground.

sarnali2 04-14-2008 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 182360)

Well I have to admit that's a first for me. Some bikes like Triumph Trophys are a little more difficult than others but as a general rule, no changing an air filter isn't real high on the skill set curve.