Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2008, 10:02 AM   #11
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
You got a lot of your friends in trouble when you were a kid, didn't you...
He had friends?
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2008, 11:04 AM   #12
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member
 
Kenneth_Moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VIsiting the GIft Shop in the Pit of DIspair
Posts: 7,118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
You got a lot of your friends in trouble when you were a kid, didn't you...
It worked just fine with Larry's minibike. We traded a 3hp B&S for a 5hp...no problem. The problem came when we sawed the front forks in 1/2 and welded in some water pipe to make it a chopper. Larry made it about 2 blocks when they broke. The busted forks stuck in the ground like a knife. Larry and the minibike did a ground loop endo that was awesome!

As long as he leaves the suspension alone he'll be fine!
__________________
www.kennethmoore.org
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 11:10 AM   #13
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In a really, really, really old farmhouse
Posts: 4,369
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
It worked just fine with Larry's minibike. We traded a 3hp B&S for a 5hp...no problem. The problem came when we sawed the front forks in 1/2 and welded in some water pipe to make it a chopper. Larry made it about 2 blocks when they broke. The busted forks stuck in the ground like a knife. Larry and the minibike did a ground loop endo that was awesome!

As long as he leaves the suspension alone he'll be fine!
Not exactly the best example for building confidence. I'm sticking with Cuddy on this one.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 11:57 AM   #14
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
Not exactly the best example for building confidence. I'm sticking with Cuddy on this one.

Minor engineering discrepencies Ken, don't let these nattering nabobs of negitivity disuade you from your chosen path......As with any foreward thinker those who are mired in the past will not and can not rise above their own moribund thinking...so what if the forks fell off....next time they won't !!! You have the vision...you have the tools... you have someone stupid enough to try it so you don't have to...GO FOR IT MAN!!!!!!
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 01:45 PM   #15
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member
 
Kenneth_Moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VIsiting the GIft Shop in the Pit of DIspair
Posts: 7,118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Minor engineering discrepencies Ken, don't let these nattering nabobs of negitivity disuade you from your chosen path......As with any foreward thinker those who are mired in the past will not and can not rise above their own moribund thinking...so what if the forks fell off....next time they won't !!! You have the vision...you have the tools... you have someone stupid enough to try it so you don't have to...GO FOR IT MAN!!!!!!
I failed to mention this was in the early 70's and we did the work in Larry's parents barn. Nowadays, I limit my "engineering" to misinstalling accessories on the DL. Last I heard, Larry was in rehab due to an (allegedly) unrelated drug dependency.
__________________
www.kennethmoore.org
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off