Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-mods-maintenance/)
-   -   Chain and Sprockets Swap (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-mods-maintenance/7336-chain-sprockets-swap.html)

The_AirHawk 02-28-2008 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 179655)
bbtowns is correct. People should do their own basic maintenance on their bikes. It is getting so bad that everyone wants to be like Buz; all play and no work! I am swapping out the sprockets, chain and rear tire on the Bandit as we speak. Now if it will just quit f&cking snowing!

I wonder how often I'll need to lube the chain on my PC800?

:cool:

sarnali2 02-28-2008 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 179655)
bbtowns is correct. People should do their own basic maintenance on their bikes. It is getting so bad that everyone wants to be like Buz; all play and no work! I am swapping out the sprockets, chain and rear tire on the Bandit as we speak. Now if it will just quit f&cking snowing!

Watch out for that little aluminum speedo drive that's bolted to the countershaft sprocket, they break reeeeal easy......

Fortunately they're available and fairly cheap....

longride 02-28-2008 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 179658)
Watch out for that little aluminum speedo drive that's bolted to the countershaft sprocket, they break reeeeal easy......

I have it off and in a safe place! I just need to rivet the chain and snug some things up and away I go. Snow tires would help alot at this point though. :-D

seruzawa 02-28-2008 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 179658)

Who needs a speedometer on a bike as slow as a Bandit1200? It's air cooled fer heck's sake! Only 110hp or so. A real slug.

Longride's main problem is getting run over from behind by old ladies in golf carts. Or missing protection payments to his alderman.

sarnali2 02-28-2008 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 179664)
I have it off and in a safe place! I just need to rivet the chain and snug some things up and away I go. Snow tires would help alot at this point though. :-D

Brother Cuddy should have some old Barum Knobbies laying around the shop still wrapped up in wax paper, you may have to steam them or soak them in hot water to get them soft enough to stretch over the 6inch rim.....

sarnali2 02-28-2008 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 179668)
Who needs a speedometer on a bike as slow as a Bandit1200? It's air cooled fer heck's sake! Only 110hp or so. A real slug.

Longride's main problem is getting run over from behind by old ladies in golf carts. Or missing protection payments to his alderman.

Strictly speaking you don't need a speedo, the Bandito's so fast the Fuzz ain't gonna' catch you anyway.....it just looks better when you post your "out run the pigs" video on YouTube if your speedo is acurate.

seruzawa 02-28-2008 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 179672)
Strictly speaking you don't need a speedo, the Bandito's so fast the Fuzz ain't gonna' catch you anyway.....it just looks better when you post your "out run the pigs" video on YouTube if your speedo is acurate.

Don't forget that full bragging rights on YouTube require that the video show your face and house with address plainly in view and car parked in front with license plate visible.

sarnali2 02-28-2008 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 179676)
Don't forget that full bragging rights on YouTube require that the video show your face and house with address plainly in view and car parked in front with license plate visible.

Indeed.....all key points to remember!

The_AirHawk 02-28-2008 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 179678)
Indeed.....all key points to remember!

Without Documentation - it didn't happen. And THEN where would your Burger Barn Bragging-Rights be?

Kenneth_Moore 02-28-2008 01:47 PM

I'm new to chain oiling; the HD dribbled oil from the engine on the secondary. But, I thought the reason you didn't oil an o-ring chain before you rode was because the lubes used on them had to "set up" for a few hours else they fling off.

Can we talk about motor oil for a while? Got the Syntec Full Synthetic Racing at Cycle Gear. On sale for $8 a liter! (that's MORE than a quart y'all!) Mixes nicely with Stoli.