Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-mods-maintenance/)
-   -   Front brake, acting "sticky" (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-mods-maintenance/7036-front-brake-acting-sticky.html)

The_AirHawk 01-02-2008 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 176272)
Eureka Springs has a downtown?

It's weird, man. Sometimes when I'm there, it's like I've been transported into a bad '60s sitcom, or I'm wandering through the non-motoring set of Easy Rider, or a Cheech and Chong movie. Flower Children and all. There's this dude hangs out at the Basin Park; I think he's Chuck Manson's Grandson or somethin'.........

Saki 01-02-2008 11:08 PM

So do all the threads around here get this off topic this quickly?

longride 01-03-2008 04:41 AM

No. Most of the threads get off-topic much faster than this one did. I would like to apologize for the delay. If these guys don't shape up and get off-topic in a more timely manner, they will be banned by me personally. Thanks for bringing this problem to my attention.

sarnali2 01-03-2008 06:47 AM

Gol' Dang Hippy Peace-Queers.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 176269)
Eh, if they're as annoying as them Hari Krishna's tryin' to peddle me paper flowers in downtown Eureka Springs, I'll pass..........

Hari Krishna's !! are they still around???

Sounds like a job for Mr. Lee and Mr. Enfield...

The_AirHawk 01-03-2008 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 176327)
No. Most of the threads get off-topic much faster than this one did. I would like to apologize for the delay. If these guys don't shape up and get off-topic in a more timely manner, they will be banned by me personally. Thanks for bringing this problem to my attention.

Sorry about that - I know it's not a good excuse, but the Boss was lookin' over my shoulder like every five minutes. Couldn't get away from production to do something that really mattered...........

Kenneth_Moore 01-03-2008 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saki (Post 176326)
So do all the threads around here get this off topic this quickly?

I guess it wasn't clear: crumbly blue Percocets were causing the guy's front brake to get sticky. The Hari Krisnas from Eureka Springs provided all-natural, 100% organic warm salt water lube to get them working again. Then the guy discarded the motorcycle.

The_AirHawk 01-03-2008 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 176339)
I guess it wasn't clear: crumbly blue Percocets were causing the guy's front brake to get sticky. The Hari Krisnas from Eureka Springs provided all-natural, 100% organic warm salt water lube to get them working again. Then the guy discarded the motorcycle.

Like Crystal.

Makes Perfect Sense.

Saki 01-07-2008 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 176339)

Ahh, just what I was looking for. Unfortuneately, i didn't get that far to find the problem - turns out the rotor has adent in it.... new rotor should fix the problem, but I'll strap some salt water to the bike just in case!

sarnali2 01-07-2008 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saki (Post 176484)
Ahh, just what I was looking for. Unfortuneately, i didn't get that far to find the problem - turns out the rotor has adent in it.... new rotor should fix the problem, but I'll strap some salt water to the bike just in case!

Outstanding, you'll make a fine mechanic young man.....