Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-mods-maintenance/)
-   -   VL1500 LC Starting Problem? (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-mods-maintenance/6817-vl1500-lc-starting-problem.html)

Skydivezone 12-05-2007 09:46 AM

Thanks Kenneth, really helpful. I'll try it now

Kenneth_Moore 12-05-2007 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skydivezone (Post 174530)
Thanks Kenneth, really helpful. I'll try it now

Don't use brackish water. Ocean salt water only.

Glad I could help.

Skydivezone 12-05-2007 01:37 PM

yep, no problem. I now understand why there is only three of you on this forum.

Sad ****s

The_AirHawk 12-05-2007 04:33 PM

Your battery is small, and can die without warning. One day it's fine - the next PBBBBBT!

That you jumpstarted it OK is pretty telling. Follow mscuddy's advice. If you can't, then get back to us with a detailed description of WHAT you have done, and WHAT the bike is doing.

Hard as hell to diagnose a broken bike over the Intersex.

Kenneth_Moore 12-06-2007 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skydivezone (Post 174562)
yep, no problem. I now understand why there is only three of you on this forum.

Sad ****s

Yep. Everybody else is on the VL1500 forums trying to figure out why their POS bikes won't start.

longride 12-06-2007 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 174599)
Yep. Everybody else is on the VL1500 forums trying to figure out why their POS bikes won't start.

You forgot that the dealers 'don't have a clue' also. I'm sure after that barge went out the door, they really didn't want to see it again........ever. :rolleyes:

pushrod 12-06-2007 07:07 AM

Apparently the dealerships in Ol' Blighty hire the same type of "mechanics" ours do.

You know, the guys that occasionally show up, and don't ask for much pay, but want it every Friday.

Oh yeah, they also have to own their tools. The ones they have in a roll-away chest with a velcro patch for the Pawnshop tag.

In their defence (note the British spelling!), they have to deal with guys like skydivezone who log into a site, ask a difficult question about a six-year old bike he just bought, and then insult the guys that answer him.

Skydivezone 12-06-2007 09:50 AM

Pushrod, I insult the people that answer me with nothing more than sarcasm and stupidity. I'm 41 not 14. I asked a very sensible question and hey, if you don't know the answer, no problem, but childish crap isn't really helpful is it??
I also posted a load of quotes from others with the same problem. I'm a fireman, not a pop star and don't have a bottomless pit of money to throw at my, not so local, dealership, which is why.....you getting it yet?????.....that's right.......I asked here.

Here's some advice for you my friend, go back to the beginning and read all of the posts here, not just one but all of them.
As for joining this forum, well maybe that was a mistake. I've had 15 bikes and been riding for many years. I don't believe that gives me any right to be arrogant or aloof.
But then again slagging off my choice of ride isn't insulting at all, clearly I'm stupid as well?

I've had some really helpful input from some places so the "little willy" crowd that gets off on belittling people to make each other feel better are not the be all and end all of motorcycling, no matter how often you tell each other.

Once again, I'll remind you that all I did was ask a question, you forum gods choose to treat me in the manner that you did.
Good luck to you, people like you get sorted out one way or another in life so I'm not going to worry about it too much. Maybe the next time someone, politely asks a question you might think before you reply.

One final piece of advice for you......Never miss a Golden opportunity to keep your mouth shut! Think about it fella

Regards Andy

longride 12-06-2007 10:04 AM

Your frustration with the guys here may stem from that fact that nobody, including the dealership, nor the guys on the Suzuki forum, have figured out an answer to your problem. We are a pretty loose bunch here, and come off a bit nuts, but if anyone had the real solution, they would be giving it to you.

Kenneth_Moore 12-06-2007 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skydivezone (Post 174642)
Pushrod, I insult the people that answer me with nothing more than sarcasm and stupidity. I'm 41 not 14. I asked a very sensible question and hey, if you don't know the answer, no problem, but childish crap isn't really helpful is it??

Andy,

If my humorous comment on the situation with your bike caused you such pain, I apologize. This forum has a lot of humor, some of it sarcastic, none of it with any ill-will. I'm the first to admit that not everything I post is all that funny, but really, this isn't a website on terminal cancer; motorcycling is a hobby type activity for most of us. Thus, having a few laughs here helps make the day a little nicer for most of us.