Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance

Old 10-02-2007, 05:29 AM   #11
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
What a total waste, I don't know how much liberty we got ****ed out of doing PM's....." well yeah Sir, we took it apart and put it back together and it sounds the same, can we go now?"
"If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it probably needed replacement anyway."

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-02-2007, 06:30 AM   #12
seruzawa
The Toad

Default The one's I really liked....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
What a total waste, I don't know how much liberty we got ****ed out of doing PM's....." well yeah Sir, we took it apart and put it back together and it sounds the same, can we go now?"
...were ones that required crawling under the evaporators while they are in operation. I'd like to get 5 minutes in a room alone with the sadist who thought of that one.
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 08:10 AM   #13
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
...were ones that required crawling under the evaporators while they are in operation. I'd like to get 5 minutes in a room alone with the sadist who thought of that one.
Don't forget the wine and poppers! Baddump-badda-bing!!
Old 10-02-2007, 08:11 AM   #14
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post

my favorite was "inspect fuel oil service pump screw gears for wear" which required either breaking the fuel lines open in the bilge and dropping the gears out the bottom or breaking the steam lines to the pump turbine and chain falling the drive gearbox off and lifting them out the top. In one case you're filling the bilge with raw Naval Distilate from the piping between the tank header and the pump, in the other case you're working under a few thousand pounds of gearbox suspended by a chain and swaying with the ships movement, all to find out that the gears are fine with minimal wear.

Just looking at the gage's and noting the pump putting out 350psi @4000 rpm like it's set for would have told you the same thing. Instead you get to risk a bilge fire, getting crushed or a hernia so some Chief can fill out his report sheet of completed PM's. That's why they have 18 and 19 year old kids doing it instead of adults. An adult would tell them to go to hell, it works fine

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...

Last edited by sarnali2 : 10-02-2007 at 08:18 AM.
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 01:01 PM   #15
findangle
Founding Member

It's a kawi and it's running fine.. i say leave it alone until the previous statement is no longer true.. when it eventually DOES have a problem i believe it will tell you ALL about it..

that said.. if it does spit the engine sooner than expected you can just part it out on ebay, take the money from that and buy another used kawi.. it's not like you'd be down without a bike..

Last edited by findangle : 10-02-2007 at 01:03 PM.
findangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 01:09 PM   #16
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by findangle View Post
It's a kawi and it's running fine.. i say leave it alone until the previous statement is no longer true.. when it eventually DOES have a problem i believe it will tell you ALL about it..

that said.. if it does spit the engine sooner than expected you can just part it out on ebay, take the money from that and buy another used kawi.. it's not like you'd be down without a bike..
Yep! The 30 year old HD runs just fine, thank you very much!