Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance

Old 09-03-2007, 07:29 PM   #1
jarrado
Registered Member

Default What rectifier should I get for a 97 honda cbr 600

I just got through testing my bike and I definately need a rectifier. So I was wondering which one should I get, as there are quite a few to choose from. Somewhere between $50-$100....

I heard metal fins are a good thing. Other than the RR I'm good..... and thx for the help.

Last edited by jarrado : 09-03-2007 at 07:43 PM.
jarrado is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-03-2007, 07:56 PM   #2
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

One that fits............

Seriously though - you get what you pay for, and sometimes not even that. Keep that in mind when pricing anything.

Yeah, heatsink fins are a Good Thing™ - but only if it's mounted someplace that can take-advantage of the cooling. Or if it comes equipped with a fan or something.

For the life of me, I just cannot figure-out WHY the moto-mfgrs cannot adopt a regulated-field armature rather than a permanent magnet. The way they set these things up, they are all DESTINED to fail under too-much or too-little use. And the undersized, crappy wire, flimsy connectors, and cheap vinyl insulation they use on bikes....... You'd think the Japanese were copying GM.

OK, that turned-into a Rant. I'll just STFU now. When you find yourself in a hole, the first step finding a way out is to STOP DIGGING............
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 06:00 PM   #3
jarrado
Registered Member

Ok...... the rr on my bike is on the outside of the frame just under the fairings.... so it gets air. I should get one with fins, thats a given, but is there a brand that last longer/cheaper?

I just started riding a few weeks ago, and figured out the rr was bad. Luckily I have some automotive experience, so I just wanted some opinions....lol... don't want to buy into the hype.... Thx

vvvvv Click my bike vvvvv

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...o/IMG_0019.jpg
jarrado is offline   Reply With Quote