Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-mods-maintenance/)
-   -   01 vl1500 problem (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-mods-maintenance/6132-01-vl1500-problem.html)

ftfd617 08-07-2007 11:09 AM

01 vl1500 problem
 
After I started my bike this afternoon, checked the gas, milage, etc. Well two minutes into my ride I had no speedometer, gas guage, neutral light, but my high beam indicator showed it was on? Is this a computer problem? Open to any advice and suggestions.

longride 08-07-2007 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ftfd617 (Post 167104)
After I started my bike this afternoon, checked the gas, milage, etc. Well two minutes into my ride I had no speedometer, gas guage, neutral light, but my high beam indicator showed it was on? Is this a computer problem? Open to any advice and suggestions.

Try looking at the fuses that are on the circuit. Sounds like blown fuse.

The_AirHawk 08-07-2007 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 167110)
Try looking at the fuses that are on the circuit. Sounds like blown fuse.

If nothing there; NEXT - check the ground wires on the frame and negative battery terminal.

ftfd617 08-07-2007 12:06 PM

Problem solved - thanks for the help.

Brian

Kenneth_Moore 08-07-2007 12:30 PM

Your "PayPal" email invoice will arrive shortly. Please have your credit card or checking account information handy.

Thanks for shopping MO!

longride 08-07-2007 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 167131)
Your "PayPal" email invoice will arrive shortly. Please have your credit card or checking account information handy.

Thanks for shopping MO!

If that fix was a fuse, the PayPal is mine! If not, we split it. 8-)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:09 PM.