Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance

Old 07-13-2007, 02:01 PM   #1
findangle
Founding Member

Default Rekluse Pro Start clutch.

Has anyone out there used the pro start clutch mod from rekluse?
Rekluse Pro-Start semi auto clutch for Harley Davidson Rekluse Motorsports UK 3. Rekluse Pro Start

There are lots of steep hill intersections and traffic jams where i live and i was thinking about putting one on my (new to me and first bike) sporty 1200 till i got used to the weight and power of it.

Looks like it would be a nice trick to have up your sleeve if you can avoid the obvious temptation to drag race with it. I wonder how it effects clutch wear..

and before anyone starts.. yes i know.. auto clutches come at the cost of your manliness.. I'm ok with that..
findangle is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-14-2007, 07:13 AM   #2
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by findangle View Post
Has anyone out there used the pro start clutch mod from rekluse?
Rekluse Pro-Start semi auto clutch for Harley Davidson Rekluse Motorsports UK 3. Rekluse Pro Start

There are lots of steep hill intersections and traffic jams where i live and i was thinking about putting one on my (new to me and first bike) sporty 1200 till i got used to the weight and power of it.

Looks like it would be a nice trick to have up your sleeve if you can avoid the obvious temptation to drag race with it. I wonder how it effects clutch wear..

and before anyone starts.. yes i know.. auto clutches come at the cost of your manliness.. I'm ok with that..

I saw them at the Cincy V-Twin show and they look like they would work great. You can also clutch shift if you feel the need, but for hills and slow traffic, I think the thing would work fine.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:29 AM   #3
Buzglyd
Founding Member

In my day we had hills but no fancy clutches. You just hold the front brake with your fingers while using your palm and thumb to give her some throttle.

Crash three or four times until you get it right.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 02:13 PM   #4
findangle
Founding Member

thanks for the response guys.. I think I'm going to get one and stick it on.. shouldn't take more then an afternoon to pull it back out again if i decide it's not for me.

a sporty 1200 is probably too much bike for me to be using as a learner but it's what i have so i gotta deal.. anything that might make that a little easier or safer i think is a good thing..
findangle is offline   Reply With Quote