Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-mods-maintenance/)
-   -   Airhawk Rocked My Ass at Bike Week (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-mods-maintenance/20141-airhawk-rocked-my-ass-bike-week.html)

The Spaceman 03-19-2012 06:57 AM

Airhawk Rocked My Ass at Bike Week

The past five years or so, by the end of Bike Week I'd be dreading the ride home. I was good for 2 or 3 days of riding, but after that, two compression fractures in the L-Spine, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and two carpal-tunnel surgeries took their toll. I'd get a hell of a pain in the ass and my back, and cramps down my legs.

Not this year. After spending $500 on a custom saddle and $90 on a "BeadRider," I decided to try the Roho AirHawk inflatable seat. It's amazing...it removes all the pressure points and makes you feel like angels are gently cupping your ass, taint, and balls in soft, fluffy-cloudlike hands. And, if that's not enough, you can change how you're sitting by just shifting your weight around a little. Say your ballzac is being pressed against the tank; you just lean your buttcheeks back a little, and the AirHawk "flows" you back a bit into a new position.

If you have any issues with extended saddle time, I highly recommend this product. The company offers their "You bet your ass" guarantee, so it's a no-risk trial.
AIRHAWK 2 Seat Cushion - Medium Cruiser Seating System w/Cover - The ROHO Store

I bought mine from Dan, he shipped it out in less than 2 days for no additional cost:
AIRHAWK-2 AIR HAWK-2 MOTORCYCLE SEAT CUSHION PAD ROHO | eBay

sarnali2 03-19-2012 08:56 AM

What's wrong with oxycontin's and whiskey? always works for me......

Buzglyd 03-19-2012 09:15 AM

It looks like the chicks dug the Pakistani taxi driver look as well!

The Spaceman 03-19-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 273961)
What's wrong with oxycontin's and whiskey? always works for me......

I always run out before I get home...

V2Rider 03-19-2012 12:15 PM

I've been running an Airhawk cushion on my long trips for years. Throw a sheepskin on top and you're gold.

Oxycontin and whiskey could be a good thing but I think the random drug test I get wouldn't like them so much.

Duken4evr 06-15-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman (Post 273959)
It's amazing...it removes all the pressure points and makes you feel like angels are gently cupping your ass, taint, and balls in soft, fluffy-cloudlike hands.

About spit my beer on the keyboard laughing. That is some good prose.

I concur 100% on the Airhawk. I have one on my FZ1 and, as you said, it is like angel hands cupping my ball sack. :)

The_AirHawk 06-15-2013 09:01 PM

I aim to Pleasure.

sarnali2 06-15-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 282114)
I aim to Pleasure.

Well that's a mental picture I'd rather not have.....

I may try the seat though, I never was much of a distance rider and middle age and injuries haven't helped any. That said the Heritage is a pretty comfy bike even in stock form and I can bang out all day rides without too much trouble as long as I can get off and stretch every few hours.

Duken4evr 06-16-2013 07:42 AM

The AH seat will feel a bit strange initially, but you get used to it. The other thing is to not over inflate it. Even knowing this going in, you will over inflate it initially, everybody does, I did. You learn after awhile, just a bit of air is all it needs.

Evidently the design was originally for medical type situations. It really works.

jmdonald 06-16-2013 08:13 AM

If.

If these seats come with conchos or skulls I'm in.