Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance

Old 01-24-2012, 01:21 PM   #11
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdonald View Post
If you two are meant to be together you will be.

God has a plan for us all, even perverts and sodomites.......

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-24-2012, 01:22 PM   #12
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
Jealous? You should be.
You take him to Quiznos, it's over between us.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:03 PM   #13
jmdonald
Founding Member

Default Loud Pipes

Do any of you guys have loud pipes on your bikes?
Old 01-24-2012, 03:37 PM   #14
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
I finally broke down and put the baffles in the Ducati.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:43 PM   #15
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
You take him to Quiznos, it's over between us.

Quiznos??? I got stuck taking him to Taco del Mar every Friday. Ever see him eat a Mondo Burrito? 2 seconds flat! the SOB positivly INHALES them..then you have to listen to him farting and giggling all night.

No Thanks Buzz, I had my turn, someone else can have him..

Old 01-25-2012, 06:46 AM   #16
The Spaceman
Registered Member

Quote:
My bike once again sounds like a sewing machine. The "technician" actually did a great job on my "unit" (I swear that's what the service writer called my bike, a $@!* UNIT). The damn thing had gotten really loud over time, so it was a pretty dramatic improvement.

Sealing up the exhaust also had a notable effect on the power delivery. It's softer, maybe 10% less "push in the butt" then before. But smooooooooth....schmoooove as a baby's behind.

So, no Onac "spa" treatment from front axle to taillight, but mission accomplished.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:27 AM   #17
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Wink

Quote:
I've had three significant service episodes on the DL1000 over the past 4 years. One was the factory 500 mile, no big deal. The second was about 2.5 years ago when I had a Throttle Position Sensor issue. I took it first to a local "racing" shop, where they made it much worse; I had to take the bike out of there on a trailer.

Then I found Onac. Wonderful Onac. Onac was the lead Suzuki mechanic at Riva Motorsports for years. He spent just one day working on my bike, and it literally ran better than new. He adjusted the adjustments. He torqued the bolts. He groomed my accessory wires. He tweaked the tweakers. It was wonderful. Last Spring, before my IBA ride, he spent another day making sure the bike was as good as it could be. Thousands of carefree miles followed.

Last week I stopped by Riva so Onac could check out a suspected exhaust leak. He found it and identifed the parts needed. "I'll go over the bike and get you set up for Bike Week while it's in; I don't like the rough idle I'm hearing." We had a date set for this week.

I emailed the Riva service writer this morning to see if my parts came in, and to ask when Onac could take the bike. "Your parts arrived, but Onac no longer works here. Bring the bike in and I'll schedule one of the techs to look at it." I saw my life flash before my eyes...

"One of the techs." Not Onac. This is a nightmare. Some ham-fisted yahoo who doesn't know squat about the intracies of the large-displacement Suzuki Vee is going to poke and prod my bike. He won't check all the little details like Onac did. He'll probably overlook something, or find a "problem" that doesn't really exist.

This sucks, more than anything that has ever sucked before.
Dude seriously? And all this time I though everyone in here did there own work. Do you realize how easy it is to adjust your tpi sensor? Besides he's probably down at the next dealership. Oh and usually most shops will not tell you were the x employee ended up going. Competition you know.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:27 AM   #18
The Spaceman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Dude seriously? And all this time I though everyone in here did there own work. Do you realize how easy it is to adjust your tpi sensor? Besides he's probably down at the next dealership. Oh and usually most shops will not tell you were the x employee ended up going. Competition you know.
My neurosurgeon thinks it's easy to fuse vertebrae. I think it's easy to dead-reckon navigate a small sailboat over 1400 miles of open ocean to a small island with cross-currents and changing wind directions.

I do lots of work on my bike, but I also pay professionals to do what they're trained to do. I don't have the Suzuki diagnostic systems, a dyno, or even a lift. It's worth a couple hundred to me to have it EFI and similar work done by a pro.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:42 AM   #19
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
My neurosurgeon thinks it's easy to fuse vertebrae. I think it's easy to dead-reckon navigate a small sailboat over 1400 miles of open ocean to a small island with cross-currents and changing wind directions.

I do lots of work on my bike, but I also pay professionals to do what they're trained to do. I don't have the Suzuki diagnostic systems, a dyno, or even a lift. It's worth a couple hundred to me to have it EFI and similar work done by a pro.
My new rock band is going to be called The Dead-Reckoners.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:13 AM   #20
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
My new rock band is going to be called The Dead-Reckoners.
What happened to The Dali Obamas ???