Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance

Old 11-08-2011, 11:31 AM   #1
phil123
Registered Member

Default hyosung commet gt650 R

Hi all ive just bought a crashed hyosung commet gt 650 r and i need to change the front end . A couple of people have told me that a bandit 600 front end will fit but the bandit never came with upside down forks and i dont like the ones that come on it . Dose anyone no if a gsxr 750 front end will fit ?. Any advice would be great !!
phil123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-08-2011, 12:04 PM   #2
The Spaceman
Registered Member

Is there any chance of finding OEM forks at a wrecker? The spring rates and damping matter, a different bike's forks might fit, but the ride might be crappy.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:07 PM   #3
phil123
Registered Member

Default re

I cant find anyone in ireland breaking one . The reason i was wondering about the gsxr front end is because i was told that the engine in the hyosung is made buy suzuki and some suzuki parts are the same. there is a gsxr front end on done deal and i was hoping i could put it on the hyosung!!!
phil123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:43 AM   #4
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Spaceman is right, when ever you do a mod like this you usually want history on someone thats done it before. If you want to know if it will fit though just get the specs I.D of the triple clamps and O.D. of the forks. One thing that might make it ride crappy is the length so measure that as well. Good luck.