Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance

Old 10-07-2011, 10:12 AM   #11
Easy Rider 2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by F650_rider View Post
As a "Forum Administrator" who apparently is here to moderate topics, please do tell me how your comments thoughtfully added to the discussion as a representative of Motorcycle.com.
Maybe you have much to give to the group here.......but that last post exhibits an attitude that negates anything good you could contribute.

We all contribute what we CAN and most are not "experts".

You need to take that chip off your shoulder and take your ego down a peg or two...........or just leave now.

This is a good diverse group but we have little tollerance for newbies wading in with an attitude and guns blazing.

The above is my personal opinion and nothing more.
That is true of posts made by mods and admins here too.........unless designated as an "official" communication.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-07-2011, 06:49 PM   #12
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Hi Air Hawk!!

Thanks for your insightful post regarding a fellow forum member's mechanical problem with his F650. I hope all of you "Founding Members" add such helpful mechanical advice to solve another member's mechanical problems!

Of course, since you've "ridden" ONE that as an informed and experienced founding member you knew was in top mechanical shape, you must be an authority on the bike - it sure sounds like an utter piece of junk that a few hundred thousand folks who ride it worldwide should avoid - you know - those misinformed and ignorant BMW riders are just so much about image and don't know squat about motorcycle engineering and performance (along with the ninnies in Stuttgart that build that damn things).

And since you are such an authority as a "Founding Member", I suggest you get your "ride" review published on an authoritative motorcycle review site. If indeed it has an "anemic engine" and "wooden feeling brakes", this authoritative opinion from a Motorcycle.com "Founding Member" should be known to the public as a counter to its near 20-year production run and stellar reputation. Knowledgeable motorcyclists need to know that the TRUE definition of "anemic engine" and "wooden brakes" is embodied in the BMW F650!!!

Thanks for sharing, it's been my privilege as a new member to meet such a truly knowledgeable "Founding Member" of Motorcycle.com and a mechanical authority on my bike!! Please avail me of your astute opinion on what bike I need to switch to for my dual-sport motorcycling purposes that is authoritatively better than the F650, since I'm sure you are a subject matter expert!

As a "Forum Administrator" who apparently is here to moderate topics, please do tell me how your comments thoughtfully added to the discussion as a representative of Motorcycle.com.
Not many in the USA have ridden the F650. They don't sell worth a shyt which may only mean that they don't meet to needs of BMW users in the USA with its miles of Interstate Hwy. Most tests I've seen of it also aren't happy with the weak nature of the engine.

However you apparently like the bike so more power to ya. But you're arrogant attitude won't win many converts here and frankly, anyone who goes around making extravagant claims about a particular bike usually becomes a butt of a lot of jokes
Old 10-22-2011, 11:37 PM   #13
F650_rider
Registered Member

@ Easy Rider - that is a respectful opinion, and I do agree with you - i did have a "chip on my shoulder" with regards to what i regard as a "chip on the shoulder" comment from a "forum moderator" who, as I state, lended nothing pertinent to the riders problem. You mention a "newbie need not come in with guns a blazing". Remember that I came into this thread to help a fellow F650 rider - your "Forum Moderator" started the flame session with his impertinent comment.

His comment was positively pointless, unhelpful, and quite inaccurate. "Forum moderators" should be able to back up their assumptions with an understanding of what the bike is built to do. I doubt he took his buddy's bike past the redline (that single cylinder Rotax Engine will happily go past the 7500rpm redline). Hence, I suggest he knows little to make such a categorical opinion.

Consider that your "forum moderators" post "negates" anything good he can contribute. This young man does not know the bike in my opinion.

@serurawa - Like space cadet, i suggest that you are quite wrong with your first two sentences, which negates the rest of your commentary. If the F650 what a piece of "syht", BMW would have ditched it years ago. Adventure motorcycling has become quite popular, BMW and KTM are the leaders, and the F650, with its urban, freeway, and off-road versatility, is a major player. Consider this - you don't need 80 hp to do what the F50 does. Thats why the F650 is a better bike to "get in deep with". I've been on trips where my little thumper got through terrain that a 990 KTM adventure couldn't, and no bmw 1220gs would dare to go. I'll trade that for 0-60 performance anyday.

I'm certainly not attached to participating in this forum. But when I respond as a helpful "newbie" to a forum members mechanical problem and a "Forum Moderator" weighs in with a pointless and ego-driven post that clearly demonstrates he is no authority on the F650, I am likely to object with due sarcasm. Being a forum "newbie" has zero to do with it.

The BMW F650

Last edited by F650_rider : 10-22-2011 at 11:47 PM.
F650_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:19 AM   #14
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
@ Easy Rider - that is a respectful opinion, and I do agree with you - i did have a "chip on my shoulder" with regards to what i regard as a "chip on the shoulder" comment from a "forum moderator" who, as I state, lended nothing pertinent to the riders problem. You mention a "newbie need not come in with guns a blazing". Remember that I came into this thread to help a fellow F650 rider - your "Forum Moderator" started the flame session with his impertinent comment.

His comment was positively pointless, unhelpful, and quite inaccurate. "Forum moderators" should be able to back up their assumptions with an understanding of what the bike is built to do. I doubt he took his buddy's bike past the redline (that single cylinder Rotax Engine will happily go past the 7500rpm redline). Hence, I suggest he knows little to make such a categorical opinion.

Consider that your "forum moderators" post "negates" anything good he can contribute. This young man does not know the bike in my opinion.

@serurawa - Like space cadet, i suggest that you are quite wrong with your first two sentences, which negates the rest of your commentary. If the F650 what a piece of "syht", BMW would have ditched it years ago. Adventure motorcycling has become quite popular, BMW and KTM are the leaders, and the F650, with its urban, freeway, and off-road versatility, is a major player. Consider this - you don't need 80 hp to do what the F50 does. Thats why the F650 is a better bike to "get in deep with". I've been on trips where my little thumper got through terrain that a 990 KTM adventure couldn't, and no bmw 1220gs would dare to go. I'll trade that for 0-60 performance anyday.

I'm certainly not attached to participating in this forum. But when I respond as a helpful "newbie" to a forum members mechanical problem and a "Forum Moderator" weighs in with a pointless and ego-driven post that clearly demonstrates he is no authority on the F650, I am likely to object with due sarcasm. Being a forum "newbie" has zero to do with it.
F650 can mean either the older single or the newer twin, which is the one that sells like shyt. And I never said the F650 was shyt.

EasyRider2 is not a moderator.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:49 AM   #15
Easy Rider 2
Registered Member

Quote:
And the point I was trying to make is that the above applies to YOU too.

And maybe you are not quite the expert that you pretend to be.....maybe.

My opinion is that it was YOU that turned on the flame.

It is possible to refute someone else's post without being nasty and demaining in the process.

And lastly, you just don't seem to be listening: A moderator's post carries no more or less weight here than anybody else's........except when it comes to moderating duties. This is CLEARLY not one of those case so your continual harping about a "moderators actions" are pointless and inflamatory. Keep it up and the moderators might find it necessary to turn it into an "official" communication.

If you are not looking to pick a fight, you sure have me fooled.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:39 PM   #16
F650_rider
Registered Member

Fair enough gents. I confused Air-Hawk with being a forum moderator and re-read that he is a "founding member", and i found his post completely impertinent. I didn't want the original poster to be dissuaded about the capability of his bike by such an inaccurate and uniformed opinion. My apologies for my terse response. I don't suffer fools well sometimes.

@ Easy Rider - I'm not pretending to be an expert on the F650 - i could have pushed this member to get off this forum and join the Chain Gang F650 forum, where he wouldn't be subjected to such uniformed opinions.

But I do think nobody on this thread has a more informed opinion on the F650 than me, and nobody did more to help the riders mechanical problem. I may not be an expert, but i've owned japanese sport bikes, to the big boxer twin, to the F650, and I have studied, repaired, modified, and maintained the F650 far more than the average rider.

Cheers gents, Onward!!

john

I

The BMW F650
F650_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:57 PM   #17
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Fair enough gents. I confused Air-Hawk with being a forum moderator and re-read that he is a "founding member", and i found his post completely impertinent. I didn't want the original poster to be dissuaded about the capability of his bike by such an inaccurate and uniformed opinion. My apologies for my terse response. I don't suffer fools well sometimes.

@ Easy Rider - I'm not pretending to be an expert on the F650 - i could have pushed this member to get off this forum and join the Chain Gang F650 forum, where he wouldn't be subjected to such uniformed opinions.

But I do think nobody on this thread has a more informed opinion on the F650 than me, and nobody did more to help the riders mechanical problem. I may not be an expert, but i've owned japanese sport bikes, to the big boxer twin, to the F650, and I have studied, repaired, modified, and maintained the F650 far more than the average rider.

Cheers gents, Onward!!

john

I
And I find your fan-boyism completely ridiculous, and your tone more personally-insulting than anything directed at you, OR your beloved moto combined.

I stand by what I said.

Just to clarify, this was a mid-'90s model (a '96, I believe). I never said the bike was shyte, only it had slow power-delivery and brakes with very-little feel. Both traits could certainly be helped with the aid of a jet-kit, some Goodrich brake lines, and semi-metallic pads. If you're such an "expert" as you claim, you know these are well-acknowledged flaws in the bike, as the F650 forums are virtually alight with "cures" for the disease.

Now, cheerfully piss off.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:52 AM   #18
Easy Rider 2
Registered Member

Quote:
I don't suffer fools well sometimes.

i could have pushed this member to get off this forum and join the Chain Gang F650 forum, where he wouldn't be subjected to such uniformed opinions.
Nor do I but I think YOU need to examine your definition of "fool".

All of us are uninformed on one subject or another and that doesn't make us all fools. And just because someone doesn't agree with your considered opinion on a given subject doesn't make them a fool either.

I think you need to get your ego in check.

Unlike many forums around the net, THIS one doesn't mind you sending people somewhere else.......if they can get more help there. Maybe you SHOULD have done that in the first place.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:54 PM   #19
The Spaceman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zumbaiwz View Post
Most people deceive seen Disney's "The Little Mermaid" vigorous movie. But there are not too others which are absolutely excellent - classics. Here they are:

1. My high point pick for a mermaid movie is "Splash". Not only is it comic and the cabal wonderful, but there is from head to toe a bit of awesome footage of Daryl Hannah mermaiding in the ocean. We can't grow sufficiently of that! Keep in haul that this is not a children's movie. It was made in the '80s, and for the most part it is okay for the family to watch. But there is a wee scintilla of nudity (when the mermaid is walking into New York in view of teaser the ocean with nothing but her long hair to submerge her) and there is some suggestion of what she and the Tom Hanks character are doing in the elevator, however nothing is shown. The talkie is wonderful, with a gifted testimony and marvellous mermaid footage and lots of laughs, as well as a giant romance.

2. My supporter lid acceptance is "The Confidential of Roan Inish". This is a safe, pacific flicks the entire brood can enjoy. It was made in Ireland, and as such is slower and quieter than most American movies. It is thither a lilliputian Irish lass who moves to white-hot with her grandparents. While there she unwittingly stumbles upon the secrecy circumjacent the cay the forebears reach-me-down to vigorous on, called "Roan Inish" (Atoll of the Seals). As she slowly solves the mystery, she brings movie trailers healing and concordance go to the family. In this film the allegorical non-spiritual luxuries is a selkie, not a mermaid. The selkie lives in the appearance of a seal. On provocation she climbs up on a rock and removes her seal outside, revealing a admirable woman. So this film is a lilliputian shred particular, and you desire at no time look at a seal the changeless way again.

3. My third favorite mermaid large screen is "Aquamarine." This one is geared to the teen crowd. It has nothing improper, so the whole family can take to it. It's a delightfully another rendition of the ideal Little Mermaid saga, with a wonderful shock ending. The mermaid in this movie is unusual, more like a rhythmical teen girl. There are several good shots of her in the water. The messages in this silent picture are high-class worth, such as trustworthiness, intimacy, personal conviction, selflessness and courage. And it is also very funny.

4. Covey four of my outdo mermaid movies is an familiar black and pallid standard called "Mr. Peabody and the Mermaid." You intent receive a challenge decree this silver screen to watch, but VHS versions are available championing garage sale on Amazon.com. All of the underwater footage was filmed in the famous Weeki Wachee Springs in Weeki Wachee, Florida, not a year after this underwater theater opened. Made in 1948, this film is close by a married duo fascinating a vacation in the trailers Caribbean. The male is practically 50 and is having a mid-life crisis. While on vacation he accidentally fishes up a live mermaid from the sea! Ann Blyth plays the entrancing mermaid and you transfer affinity this wonderful film. The no greater than objections a fountain-head power from is the topic of extramarital flirting, and some merry scenes with a bloke trying to send up smoking.

5. United that is a midget different, and which not recently came into the open, is a Japanese anime Miyazaki talking picture called "Ponyo on the Cliff alongside the Quantity", or altogether "Ponyo". In this one the fish-girl is depicted as a goldfish with a generous gall, which is very strange. But in an unusual contort, this five-year-old fish-girl has to acquire the scanty five-year-old human youth to friendship her faithfully, or she whim turf out d dress into neptune's foam and be no more. It is such a sticky simplification, these puny children culture to sweetie and confidence in each other in such an innocent way. It is a chronicle of wonder and daring and should not be missed.

6. My pick object of figure up six is Disney's "The Petite Mermaid". It was the large screen that got Disney back into the popular big subject again in the 1980s. The music and chronicle are a delight. I memorialize how enchanted I was when it commencement came in - it is a thrilling mermaid movie, facetiously for the benefit of the large family.

So...how 'bout those Dolphins?
Old 12-15-2011, 05:41 AM   #20
The Spaceman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandacover View Post
I love the BMW motorcycles
No you don't, you just want to post your website link.

BTW: did you know that Panda Moms feed their babies their own feces? My kid rolls every time I mention that at dinnertime.