Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance

Old 08-14-2011, 05:37 PM   #1
mrhalfwit58
Registered Member

HELP!!! I'm looking for some help with 84 goldwing aspencade. I have the light bar on the rear and I put a front fender rail on with lights. The other night I parked the bike and when I got off I noticed all of the extra lights and the radio were still on. I put the key back in and turned the key back and forth and pulled it out and everything still stayed on. Anybody have a clue what might be happening or what to check? Pardon my interuption I'm new here and don't know exactly where to go to post a question so thats why I popped in here. Thanks
mrhalfwit58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-14-2011, 06:11 PM   #2
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhalfwit58 View Post
HELP!!! I'm looking for some help with 84 goldwing aspencade. I have the light bar on the rear and I put a front fender rail on with lights. The other night I parked the bike and when I got off I noticed all of the extra lights and the radio were still on. I put the key back in and turned the key back and forth and pulled it out and everything still stayed on. Anybody have a clue what might be happening or what to check? Pardon my interuption I'm new here and don't know exactly where to go to post a question so thats why I popped in here. Thanks
Aren't those lights slaved to separate switches? You've got some wires shorted together or a bad relay probably. Get the ol' schematic diagram and a multimeter and have at it.

First, I'd try removing the last thing you installed and see if the problem goes away.

Last edited by seruzawa : 08-14-2011 at 06:13 PM.
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote