Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-mods-maintenance/)
-   -   Exhaust HELP PLEASE (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-mods-maintenance/18925-exhaust-help-please.html)

Molphshkin 07-13-2011 05:24 PM

Exhaust HELP PLEASE

I have a 1997 Honda Magna V4 VF750C. It's perfect condition. Love this bike. However it's all stock and very quiet. I would like to take out those baffles. But my question is. If I do take them out. Am I going to HAVE to re-jet those carbs???
And if I do, how much would it cost to have it done??
Thanks for your help fellow riders.8-)

seruzawa 07-13-2011 06:03 PM

If I am correct the baffles are not removable. You'll have to drill through the muffler. You will not be able to replace them. Rejetting will be required because the engines run very lean in the first place. Also the idle jet caps will have to be drilled through and the idle screws adjusted as well as the main jets. You'll probably need to adjust the needles however the stock needles are not adjustable. Check with Dynajet to see if they have a kit for your bike.

The carbs are very difficult to remove so if you can find someone competent willing to do the work it'll cost several hours of shop time. I've seen so many people royally screw up their bikes by doing just what you are thinking about doing that you'd be better off leaving it alone. Drilled out Magna pipes sound like shyt anyhow. A better option would be to get the Vance and Hines system. They'll have the exact data on what you need to make it run right.

Easy Rider 2 07-13-2011 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molphshkin (Post 262983)
If I do take them out. Am I going to HAVE to re-jet those carbs???

It's worse than that. If you take the baffles out, the next time you start it the engine will explode. :o

Why the F*** do so many riders think that their bike HAS to make a lot of noise. :mad:

If you don't like the bike the way it is, I'll be happy to take it off your hands........for a few hundred dollars. :D

LOUD PIPES RISK RIGHTS.

A Star Ride 07-13-2011 07:27 PM

Too bad you don't have a Tour Deluxe. I'd gladly trade my aftermarket pipes to get the stock pipes back.

sarnali2 07-14-2011 08:56 AM

Ditto, just leave it alone and ride it. Save the hundreds of dollars your "tuning" will cost you for tires and oil changes.

MOKE1K 07-14-2011 10:20 AM

Besidses you need the back pressure those baffles provide for power, if you remove them even with the tuning you'll lose power. Keep it stock and ride the piss out of it!

Morbo the Destroyer 07-14-2011 04:29 PM

I explained all this in great detail in a response to a PM he sent me yesterday. Apparently he didn't like my answer.

seruzawa 07-14-2011 10:19 PM

Well, I guess the OP didn't hear what he wanted to hear here.

The_AirHawk 07-15-2011 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 263078)
Well, I guess the OP didn't hear what he wanted to hear here.

Hear, Hear!

charliedavis 09-04-2011 09:31 AM

lets trade exhaust systems,

I want to replace my gutted mufflers with oem. My pipes are spotless on the outside and empty on the inside. I am also looking for factory 2 up seating w/backrests, charlie 888 929 four4 24 anytime8 thanks,