Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance

Old 06-13-2011, 07:00 AM   #11
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenttheuncatchable View Post
A professional motorcycle painter acquaintance of mine will do a full fairing bike a single color for $1000. However, I've seen painters advertise doing that same job for $600-$800. To me, $1000 seems pricey.
That's the kind of number I was expecting to hear; I figured a grand for a top-notch job. I can disassemble the bike and prep it, so we're talking about spraying the paint...nothing more.

I priced out compressors, guns, and building a spray booth in a section of the garage. It comes up to under $500.

Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion.

Its.......A FACT!
Morbo the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-13-2011, 07:02 AM   #12
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbo the Destroyer View Post
I priced out compressors, guns, and building a spray booth in a section of the garage. It comes up to under $500.
Good. Set it up and you can change colors every week!
Old 06-13-2011, 08:41 AM   #13
Sir_Angus
Registered Member

A number of years ago I sprayed the tins on my old HD in a buddies garage. He was a professional painter & together we did a good job. I think I spent $100 in primer/paint/clear everything else was blood, sweat & beers.

A normal paint shop should be capable to paint your (already removed) pieces for $500-800 depending on color and labor rate.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:34 AM   #14
Buzglyd
Founding Member

This "paint it yourself" thing worries me with respect to Kenneth.

The man clearly has been around enough "fumes" to last a lifetime!

Earl Scheib KMo!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:36 AM   #15
trenttheuncatchable
Founding Member

He'll paint any car, any color, for only $99.99 (okay, the price may have gone up since that commercial). And I just went to the website, and apparently, "Effective July 16, 2010, Earl Scheib, Inc. has ceased operations nationwide. Each store is now independently owned and operated by a person unaffiliated with Earl Scheib, Inc."
trenttheuncatchable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:28 PM   #16
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Good. Set it up and you can change colors every week!

And when Wall Street and the corporate greedheads ship the last job in the US to China, I'll have a new way to eek out a meager living.

Morbo Paints Any Bike for $250!

Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion.

Its.......A FACT!
Old 06-13-2011, 12:54 PM   #17
Sir_Angus
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbo the Destroyer View Post
Morbo Paints Any Bike for $250! And I will destroy you!
There fixed it!
Old 07-05-2011, 03:14 AM   #18
henryb
Registered Member

For to paint bike and if put in authorised dealership workshop for paint then it is good. And in that workshop charge for painting is as per the different body parts like front body , mud guard and like that as per different body part , cost according to that.And it is little costly but after paint bike looks as new.
henryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 06:25 AM   #19
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryb View Post
For to paint bike and if put in authorised dealership workshop for paint then it is good. And in that workshop charge for painting is as per the different body parts like front body , mud guard and like that as per different body part , cost according to that.And it is little costly but after paint bike looks as new.
You took the words right out of my gaping maw.

Its.......A FACT!
Old 07-05-2011, 06:55 AM   #20
seruzawa
The Toad

So, how's tricks in India "henryb"?

How's life in Gujarat?

You morons seem to think that making up an English name fools anyone. Then you post some unintelligible drivel and append a link to your stupid site. You must have taken Klazy Ken's "Get Rich On The Internet Today No Shyt" Seminar.