Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance

Old 05-26-2011, 06:33 PM   #11
Easy Rider 2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvshouse View Post
So I guess ill buy a new line and plug it up before I ride and when im done ill plug it with the old one so it doesnt leak all over. But ill just open the gas tank before I plug it so it doesnt splurt over me.
Are we going to keep giving this dweeb advice.......when he isn't listening to ANYBODY ??

I'm sure not.

His next stop lilkely will be the hospital.

HINT: If gas starts spewing out the cap.......even if it doesn't ignite......it will burn like fire if it gets on your groin area.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-26-2011, 06:51 PM   #12
jvshouse
Registered Member

it doesnt leak when running or build up pressure. It only builds up pressure when I plugged it. It only leaks when I turn it off when not plugged. Thanks for all the help guys.
jvshouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:16 AM   #13
Sir_Angus
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvshouse View Post
it doesnt leak when running or build up pressure. It only builds up pressure when I plugged it. It only leaks when I turn it off when not plugged. Thanks for all the help guys.
So the tank only builds up pressure when the breather line is plugged? Well there's your problem son ... Don't plug the line.

I'm sure you know better than that dumb engineer that designed the thing, but just for the heck of it why not take a weekend to actually fix it?