Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance

Old 05-16-2011, 07:21 AM   #11
Easy Rider 2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
It still seems pretty common, when a mfgr is cutting corners for one reason or another.
Today is not a total loss; I learned something new.
Guess I haven't been lucky enough to see one like that yet.

I mentioned the DOT 5 only incase someone mistakenly read what you wrote as "you can mix DOT 4 with anything". Things like that do happen you know.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-16-2011, 06:04 PM   #12
fizzer6hundred
Registered Member

Talking Success!!!!!!!!!!!!

All,

Last night I decided to try and tie wrap the brake lever tight. I just got home about 24 hours later and low and behold the brakes are perfect! Solid rock hard baby! It looks like this little trick is an excellent way to bleed out the final small remaining pocket of air in the system with freaken effort, cost or mess!
I think this is how it works...it leaves the master cylinder circuit open and lets the air bubbles rise to the top effectively purging the air from the system below (air travels up naturally). I have gravity bled the brakes on my problematic cars old corvette etc that I could not bleed before and this is kinda sorta the opposite.

Its like letting mother nature take over sitting back having a beer at night go to work and have the work all done for you! Great idea guys!

Thanks!
fizzer6hundred is offline   Reply With Quote