Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance

Old 03-20-2011, 12:15 PM   #1
lentaylor
Registered Member

Default vstrom indicator problems

My DL1000 VSTROM indicators wont work with engine running unless the main lights are on. I have replaced the relay to no effect. Indicators also work fine when engine is off. Any ideas out there or previous experience on this, Len
lentaylor is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-21-2011, 08:22 AM   #2
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

I have an '07 DL1K.

When you say "indicators," do you mean turn signals? Mine only work when the ignition is on; same for the headlights. I think non-US bikes have switched headlights, unlike US bikes.

The bikes are notorious for problems with the handlebar switches. Suzuki routes the headlight current through the bars; which causes the contacts to arc and eventually fail. The best long-term fix is to get an H-4 Headlight Relay Kit from Eastern Beaver.

I'd disassemble the bar switch holders and look for burned or pitted switches. You might post this over at www.stromtrooper.com; there's a guy there named "Greywolf" who is an expert on our bikes. He'll respond quickly and accurately.

Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion.

Its.......A FACT!
Morbo the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote