Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance

Old 01-03-2011, 07:39 AM   #1
steve berta
Registered Member

Talking interceptor 750 1984

hey guys just joined the site i have 2 bike cb550 1983 and my new project interceptor 750 1984 ripped off the carbs because fluel was leaking to discover that the fuel pipe one was missing so i am about ready to re install on the bike but i would need new o-ring and was wondering if anybody knows were to find beside the dealer because they come with the pipes and are 30$ canadian

thank guys
steve
steve berta is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-03-2011, 08:43 AM   #2
pplassm
Founding Member

That is one long sentence. I ran out of breath just reading it.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:48 AM   #3
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Let's try Steve's sentence with punctuation!

Hey guys!
I just joined the site. I have 2 bikes, a cb550 1983, and my new project: an Interceptor 750, 1984. I ripped off the carbs because fluel was leaking, only to discover that the fuel pipe was missing. I am about ready to re install on the bike, but I would need new o-rings. I'm wondering if anybody knows were to find them beside the dealer, because they come with the pipes and are 30$ Canadian!

Ok Steve, before you blow your top, we kid around on this site, so don't get all bent.

O-Rings can be purchased individually from a number of sources. You need to know the outside diameter (OD), inside diameter (ID), and ring thickness. Search available O-Ring sizes

If you don't have the old o's to work with, then you could order a mixed variety in the approximate size and try to fit one. Or, another route might be to try a salvage yard.

Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion.

Its.......A FACT!
Morbo the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:50 AM   #4
steve berta
Registered Member

thanks guys, for your replies. D ont worry I wont blow my top . I appreciate the response i will try to keep you guys updated on my project. I have a couple of pictures I might post later

Thanks a lot again
Steve
Old 01-03-2011, 11:26 AM   #5
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Steve,

One more thing: many auto parts stores and hardware stores have a cabinet full of different sizes of o-rings. You could take your parts in and find a fit that way. I've done it a few times with various gizmos.

MtD

Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion.

Its.......A FACT!
Old 01-03-2011, 11:42 AM   #6
steve berta
Registered Member

Thanks a lot, I will stop buy my local parts store this week and see what I can find

Steve
Old 01-15-2011, 06:50 AM   #7
steve berta
Registered Member

Well i got my o-rings, now the rebuild has started one of the carbs are in gunk so hopefully, all will go well
Old 01-15-2011, 12:17 PM   #8
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Cool. It's nice to know old bikes are coming back to life.

Its.......A FACT!
Old 01-17-2011, 03:38 PM   #9
steve berta
Registered Member

hopefully the bike will be fired up in a couple a weeks