Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-mods-maintenance/)
-   -   Yongli Brake Pads (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-mods-maintenance/15580-yongli-brake-pads.html)

pushrod 09-21-2010 01:04 PM

Actually, no. They continue with the "Yes, we have no front pads for you!" status.

I'm looking at an outfit down your neck o' the woods, Ken. $18.95 a set, Free shipping. www.nichesupply.com. And there is an outfit in AZ that sells a pair for $14.40 plus $10 shipping. And these are sintered metal. Not being a skinflint (okay, so I am a skinflint!), but I do wonder how the 'bahgin' pads perform.

Kenneth_Moore 09-21-2010 01:41 PM

Honestly, unless you're buying Top O' The Line Super-Duper Pads From Hell, there probably isn't a detectable difference. Rotor wear from metallic pads is what I don't like; I don't race, so the "nth degree" of braking just isn't that big a deal to me. Orgasmic ones are fine.

sarnali2 09-22-2010 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pushrod (Post 249642)
Actually, no. They continue with the "Yes, we have no front pads for you!" status.

I'm looking at an outfit down your neck o' the woods, Ken. $18.95 a set, Free shipping. www.nichesupply.com. And there is an outfit in AZ that sells a pair for $14.40 plus $10 shipping. And these are sintered metal. Not being a skinflint (okay, so I am a skinflint!), but I do wonder how the 'bahgin' pads perform.

Well you shouldn't be using the front brake anyhow, it'll lock up and throw you over the handle bars.....

I had pretty good service out of the OEM pads on my Triumph, can't remember what I paid for them but I tend to not cheap out on brake pads. I just bought a set of OEM's for my decker but I haven't gotten around to putting them on yet. They're both fairly soft and horrendously expensive however but I love the way the ABS Brembo's work on the bike so I don't want to skew the equation with harder pads.

Besides, they say Harley-Davidson on them so they must be good.........

seruzawa 09-22-2010 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 249666)
Well you shouldn't be using the front brake anyhow, it'll lock up and throw you over the handle bars.....

I had pretty good service out of the OEM pads on my Triumph, can't remember what I paid for them but I tend to not cheap out on brake pads. I just bought a set of OEM's for my decker but I haven't gotten around to putting them on yet. They're both fairly soft and horrendously expensive however but I love the way the ABS Brembo's work on the bike so I don't want to skew the equation with harder pads.

Besides, they say Harley-Davidson on them so they must be good.........

Cheaping out on brake pads is usually a bad idea but now we gots Klazy Ken to beta test them for us!

Kenneth_Moore 09-22-2010 11:20 AM

Klazy Ken Klash Test Dummy!

pushrod 09-22-2010 11:31 AM

Klazy, how 'bout you try them on a Unicorn Dazzler?

Kenneth_Moore 09-22-2010 12:25 PM

I saw that, but refuse to open the thread. WTF is a Unicorn Dazzler? Or is it better left alone?

richel.xiang 01-07-2011 12:16 AM

Thanks for Ken to enjoy his review about our brake pads. Because increasing busy work, i haven't visit this forum for a long time. Because the increasing busy production, we won't offer free samples for evaluation any longer.

Morbo the Destroyer 01-07-2011 05:16 AM

Rachel is an excellent businessperson and a lovely person. Yongli brake pads present an excellent value proposition for the motorcycle rider.

Really.

richel.xiang 01-08-2011 12:43 AM

don't like the tone.