Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance

Old 05-25-2010, 01:15 PM   #1
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Default Holy &#%!!

Recently on Stromtrooper.com, a guy selling his DL1000 offered a Power Commander PCIII for a ridiculously low price. I've heard some pretty good things about the PC, and it's also needed if I want to install a Harley Fag exhaust system.

The PC arrived last night, neatly packed with all accessories and documentation. Installation was a snap, with the exception of separating the wiring at the connector where the PC taps in. I downloaded DynoJet's "stock DL1000" map, and plugged it in.

The results are astounding. I can't believe that an investment of less than $200 (about $300 retail) gives this level of return. DL1000s are famous for being super-sensitive to throttle body sync. Unless perfectly tuned, they surge in the midrange RPMs, and are rough off-idle. All that is G O N E! The engine now feels like the new Z1000 I rode at Daytona. Gobs of linear power, no need to downshift as before, smooth as the proverbial glass. It even smells different; I can whiff the extra fuel in the exhaust.

Klazy Ken give PCIII FOWA STAR!!!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-25-2010, 01:20 PM   #2
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Polluter. There you go again - killing our Mother Earth with your excessively-rich fuel-maps.........
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 01:47 PM   #3
acecycleins
Founding Member

So, you're keeping the strom? BA HA! You love that bike and you know it. I just placed the craigslist for my ZRX today. By Sunday I hope to be shopping for a DL. 2005-2007 I think.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:49 PM   #4
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
So, you're keeping the strom? BA HA! You love that bike and you know it. I just placed the craigslist for my ZRX today. By Sunday I hope to be shopping for a DL. 2005-2007 I think.
ZRX too much, eh?
Old 05-25-2010, 01:54 PM   #5
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
ZRX too much, eh?
Funny thing is that I can't seem to go under 70 in top gear. Doesn't matter the road. It's like freakin magnets draw the needle right to it. I just can't keep doing that. And my little girl needs something that's more passenger friendly. I love riding with my kid, but she's tiny and needs a backrest to feel safe. Love the bike, though. Just can't make my wrist understand the speed variance.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:55 PM   #6
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
It's damn hard to find a bike that does so much and has the power and ride I want, for the price.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:01 PM   #7
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Funny thing is that I can't seem to go under 70 in top gear. Doesn't matter the road. It's like freakin magnets draw the needle right to it. I just can't keep doing that. And my little girl needs something that's more passenger friendly. I love riding with my kid, but she's tiny and needs a backrest to feel safe. Love the bike, though. Just can't make my wrist understand the speed variance.
Maybe we should trade!
Old 05-25-2010, 02:50 PM   #8
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Maybe we should trade!
I think I'd be about $2k in the red on that, buddy. I need to be as close to $4k as possible when I sell off the Zrex. I'd swap and pay your insurance if you'd like for 2011....
Old 05-25-2010, 03:37 PM   #9
12er
Founding Member

My K has the same throttle issue. Shoots to 85-90 anytime you don't pay attention.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 04:27 PM   #10
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Yeah, ZRXs are like that. I'll bet you took the claims seriously of the pro testers who claimed the ZRX was short on power because it had a "detuned" engine". I sort of did too until I bought one. Sure there are faster bikes but those ZRXs are fast enough. I got enough tickets on it to prove it.