Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance

Old 05-05-2010, 06:41 PM   #1
Medi
Registered Member

Default Air intake for M50

Hello everyone,

Has anyone put in new intake systems on their M50s?
I had accident on my bike the other day and one of things that got damaged my air filter cover and one of the plastic brackets that holds the whole intake component on the engine. So I was thinking I might as well try to install something new (cone?) than buy the same plastic from the dealer (probably expensive)

Any suggestions are appreciated!
Medi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-05-2010, 09:06 PM   #2
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Make one yourself! A nice cast-off Bustello coffee can makes for a trick-looking air intake, with the bright yellow and orange colors, guaranteed to make it with the babes. Or you can use the cast-off dress sock, doesn't make the same staement as the Bustello can, but works to keep the bugs and small pebbles out of the intake of your mighty M50. Get imaginative there buddy! Even a small lamp-shade from IKEA might have some possibilities.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:13 PM   #3
Medi
Registered Member

Hey I'm not that broke, besides i don't have tools for fabricating all the transitions it might need.
Medi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 02:04 PM   #4
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Jeese, just cut a chunk of foam out of a couch cushion and duct tape it over the intake, it's not THAT flammable....

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 06:54 AM   #5
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medi View Post
Hey I'm not that broke, besides i don't have tools for fabricating all the transitions it might need.
Ok then check into Kuriakin they probably make something for your make and model. Do realize it will not end with just a snazzy new air filter. Then comes the exhaust the fuel injection reprogrammer etc.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:31 AM   #6
seruzawa
The Toad

Surf around for any specific user data on your bike. There are usually people who have tried different accessories who have info on whether the new stuff is good or junk.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:10 PM   #7
MOKE1K
Registered Member

I would recommend getting a used stock airbox cover and just put a aftermarket airfilter like a BMC or pipercross. Then have it remapped with a fuel programmer of your choice. Have it tuned on a dyno and 400.00 dollars later your done.