Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance

Old 04-26-2010, 08:30 AM   #1
zatonic
Registered Member

Default 01 ducati 750 doesnt stay on

I have an 01 ducati monster 750. I recently bought the ebay sequential tail light, integrated blinkers. I instal it. Something wasn't wired right, blew the little fuse. Wired it correctly, replaced fuse, everything seems fine. Although I think there was a 10a fuse, when I believe It should have been a 7.5.. anyway another 10 is in there.

I go to start the bike. It starts up fine. No choke since its getting warmer here in FL. walk away for a minute, come back and it stalled. I figure no biggy.. must be because no choke. So I go to start it back up, doesn't want to stay on at all. If I let go of the throttle it just stalls with or without choke. Here's whats more weird. When the bike does crank over with me holding the throttle a little. The RPM guage doesn't come on at all. Maybe even the speedo, but i didn't try taking it out with it being like this. The lights come on, head light, guage lights, tail light..

I gave the battery a charge, it was about 60% and took it off at 99 to test it out. The battery also shows about 13.5 volts while the bike is off with a multimeter. That was even before I charged it.

A buddy of mine suggested it may be a stater and to check the volts running through battery while the bike is on. I figured I'd come here first to see if anyone has any ideas. Thanks for taking time to read this, and any help
zatonic is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-26-2010, 08:34 AM   #2
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

By the behaviour of the tach, almost sounds like a bad ground, possibly.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote