Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-mods-maintenance/)
-   -   Rox risers from Roxspeedfx (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-mods-maintenance/14749-rox-risers-roxspeedfx.html)

seruzawa 03-20-2010 02:45 PM

Rox risers from Roxspeedfx

My latest addition to the Tiger is a pair of Rox 2" risers. These are similar to dog bone risers. You merely remove the stock handlebar clamps and move the bars out of the way. Then you bolt the lower end of the risers into the clamps. The handlebars are then clamped into the new clamps on top of the risers.

There was one problem with using these on the Tiger. It is impossible to get a standard allen wrench onto the lower stock clamps with the risers in position. The risers block access. So you either have to trundle down to the hardware store to get metric hex bolts and some washers to replace the stock allen crews. Or you need to cut down an old 6mm allen wrench so it will engage the allen bolts with the risers in the way. Kind of a pain.

Anyhow once in place they work fine. The only cable I had to reroute was the clutch cable otherwise the stock cables will fit with the 2" rise. They look pretty decent being billet aluminum and all. Sorry about the poor pictures but all I have is a cell phone camera right now. The Canon bit the dust a couple months back.

Rox Risers for Dual Sport Motorcycles

jmdonald 03-20-2010 03:15 PM

Photos not too bad

They look like quality components.It must be the angle but the rise looks higher than two inches. Looks like a good choice.

BrowningBAR 03-20-2010 04:30 PM

So, what type of difference did they make? What made you by them in the first place? Do you have a bad back or were the ergos odd on the bike?

seruzawa 03-20-2010 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrowningBAR (Post 237518)
So, what type of difference did they make? What made you by them in the first place? Do you have a bad back or were the ergos odd on the bike?

The bars were a bit of a stretch for me for all day riding. Now I can sit much more comfortably for those 350 miles days.

Kenneth_Moore 03-20-2010 04:43 PM

Those are a very popular addition in the VStrom camp; either the straight ups or the "Up and Backs."

One of the best parts (IMO) of any new bike is adding the various accessories (ok, farkles) to tune it in just the way you like it.

seruzawa 03-20-2010 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 237521)
One of the best parts (IMO) of any new bike is adding the various accessories (ok, farkles) to tune it in just the way you like it.

Especially that these days you don't have to modify and fabricate just about everything. There's a lot of stuff that actually fits as advertised.

sarnali2 03-20-2010 09:36 PM

I had GenMar risers on the Trophy, that and a Corbin Canyon Duel seat made a big difference to the comfort level.