Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance

Old 02-11-2010, 04:36 PM   #1
Cactushead
Registered Member

Default Suzuki SR125 Can't find a gas tank

I have a Suzuki DR 125, 94 model. The gas tank is rusted through and I have tried reaming it out with bolts inside, then cutting it open and replacing rusted steel. Now can't get petc*ck to seal without leaking. Need a new tank but its discontinued. The DR200 is still in production but not sure the tank will fit. Nobody makes an after market tank for it. Can't find a used tank. Anybody know if a DR200 tank will fit a DR125? Any other ideas on what to use for a gas tank?

Thanks

Mike

Last edited by Cactushead : 02-11-2010 at 04:39 PM.
Cactushead is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-11-2010, 05:08 PM   #2
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Surely some motorcycle salvage yard has a gas tank for that model. Start calling around, and have them put the tank on "the hot sheet" that uses email to search linked up salvage yards for a gas tank.

Call this place: Johnson & Wood Cycle Salvage (81 508-5227. They can find one for you easy.

And that's an eight-one-eight area code so that stupid happy face deal doesn't throw you off.