Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2010, 07:03 AM   #71
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
I'm coming out your way this summer. Maybe I need to buy you a beer, instead.
Buying Chicago Bigfoot a "beer"? He uses kegs like most people use 12ozers.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2010, 07:08 AM   #72
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
I swear you clowns are making this into f*cking rocket science. It isn't. People change tire sizes, wheel sizes, handlebars, rake, forks, brakes, shocks, and all kinds of other things in a quest to find what is right for THEM on THIER BIKE. If Chicken Little is going to scream the sky is falling just because of a tire change, that person really knows very little about tires and motorcycles. I think you clowns need to take the Buick to work tomorrow. Motorcycles are too dangerous. Sheesh.
That tire size-matching-you'll-die-if-you-don't-use-BrandX crap started in the '80s. It's just a marketing ploy. Like you I've used different sizes and different brands front and back and I'm still here after 46 years and 1/2 million miles later. Your mind is far more important than your tires or helmets or any other device.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:41 AM   #73
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

Jeezus, I take a week off for Jury Duty and you guys are still going at it over flippin tires? Pully wants to buy Longride a beer, Moke's about too have a coronary and Ken' appears to be off his meds again, Airsquawk's stirring up trouble as usual and Seruzawa's trying recommending dangerous behavior in the name of some obscure Libertarian "free will" nonsense....

In other words, business as usual.......

Well, for what it's worth:

if you don't use the recommended tire size you may fall off. You may also fall off if you do.

If you're going to drink beer, drink it out of factory sealed bottles or cans, never drink a beer in a can off the table at a party. It may be full of cigarette butts, trust me you will throw up everything you ever ate in your life and most likely your stomach lining along with your toe nails as well.

When you find an open yet still full bottle of beer in the parking lot, it's probably full of piss.

If you're going to buy beer to drink with someone who has a large capacity, cheap out... after 8 or 9 of them he'll forget you're a ga'dam cheapskate and think you're actually pretty swell...

Carry on.
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:44 PM   #74
The_AirHawk
Founding Member
 
The_AirHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leanin' Tower O' P-P-P-P-POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Posts: 11,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Jeezus, I take a week off for Jury Duty and you guys are still going at it over flippin tires? Pully wants to buy Longride a beer, Moke's about too have a coronary and Ken' appears to be off his meds again, Airsquawk's stirring up trouble as usual and Seruzawa's trying recommending dangerous behavior in the name of some obscure Libertarian "free will" nonsense.....
Hey - I am NOT stirring up trouble! It just sort of follows me around like a puppy following a little boy home..........
__________________
Parfois, on fait pas semblant
Sometimes, it's not pretend
Oderint Dum Metuant
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 05:52 PM   #75
MOKE1K
Registered Member
 
MOKE1K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kalapana, Big Island
Posts: 3,994
Default

And your giving it treats ALL- the way home.
__________________
"YOU CAN'T BOLT ON SKILL"
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:07 PM   #76
MOKE1K
Registered Member
 
MOKE1K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kalapana, Big Island
Posts: 3,994
Default

Welcome back Sarnali2.
__________________
"YOU CAN'T BOLT ON SKILL"
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:08 PM   #77
The_AirHawk
Founding Member
 
The_AirHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leanin' Tower O' P-P-P-P-POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Posts: 11,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
And your giving it treats ALL- the way home.
Perhaps - but there is no spoon









(might be a spork, though)
__________________
Parfois, on fait pas semblant
Sometimes, it's not pretend
Oderint Dum Metuant
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:40 PM   #78
MOKE1K
Registered Member
 
MOKE1K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kalapana, Big Island
Posts: 3,994
Default

Of course, you only use knives....
__________________
"YOU CAN'T BOLT ON SKILL"
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:45 PM   #79
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Welcome back Sarnali2.
You say that now. In a few days you'll be wishin' for more jury duty. He'll start eating kippers and other horrible English food and drive everyone out.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 07:43 PM   #80
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
You say that now. In a few days you'll be wishin' for more jury duty. He'll start eating kippers and other horrible English food and drive everyone out.

'Ang on M8.....a couple of months on that Trumpy will have you eating the little buggers too and washing tham down with a nice Cream Ale!......I trust you've seen this little gem?

YouTube - TRIUMPH ROCKET III - 21ST CENTURY MOTORCYCLE MANUFACTURE


If you want to fly over and see for yourself.......

YouTube - Yorkshire Airlines - the brand new airline
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...

Last edited by sarnali2 : 02-12-2010 at 08:11 PM.
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off