Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance

Old 02-11-2010, 04:40 PM   #61
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Did you read my earlier statment in this thread about me warning this guy about going to a bigger tire? Seriously was it a missunderstanding, probably on my part no doubt? Was it,... I thought you were arguing against using a skinnier tire, which I use.

Last edited by MOKE1K : 02-11-2010 at 04:43 PM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-11-2010, 04:42 PM   #62
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"There is no way in hell that anyone can make the case that doing that is better than putting on the size tire that the manufacturer recommends."

And there is no way anyone can make a case it will be worse. I've changed tire sizes and brands on just about every motorcycle I have ever owned, which is quite a few, and I'm somehow still alive to talk about it. It isn't that big a deal, and people that have never made a motorcycle modification in their life ought to stay out of the discussion if the most daring thing they ever did was change their oil.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:44 PM   #63
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
"There is no way in hell that anyone can make the case that doing that is better than putting on the size tire that the manufacturer recommends."

And there is no way anyone can make a case it will be worse. I've changed tire sizes and brands on just about every motorcycle I have ever owned, which is quite a few, and I'm somehow still alive to talk about it. It isn't that big a deal, and people that have never made a motorcycle modification in their life ought to stay out of the discussion if the most daring thing they ever did was change their oil.
I went with a wider tire once. Does that count?
Old 02-11-2010, 04:52 PM   #64
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Pully I read your little article finally, you must have been skim reading this thread look back a couple pages cause I already stated what your article said. Its been a know fact in my head since 1993 way before this article?????

It depends on what your doing with the bike, what type of riding you like to do. Iv warned literally hundreds of customers about mounting wider tires for years. Similar to LR earlier statment I to have changed countless tires on customers bikes for years from FL to Hawaii. This has nothing to do with racing persay but common sence. Jezz you run me ragged Dr.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:53 PM   #65
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Now back to the rear tire coming off the ground,......JUST KIDDING!!!
Old 02-11-2010, 04:54 PM   #66
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
I swear you clowns are making this into f*cking rocket science. It isn't. People change tire sizes, wheel sizes, handlebars, rake, forks, brakes, shocks, and all kinds of other things in a quest to find what is right for THEM on THIER BIKE. If Chicken Little is going to scream the sky is falling just because of a tire change, that person really knows very little about tires and motorcycles. I think you clowns need to take the Buick to work tomorrow. Motorcycles are too dangerous. Sheesh.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:59 PM   #67
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
I swear you clowns are making this into f*cking rocket science. It isn't. People change tire sizes, wheel sizes, handlebars, rake, forks, brakes, shocks, and all kinds of other things in a quest to find what is right for THEM on THIER BIKE. If Chicken Little is going to scream the sky is falling just because of a tire change, that person really knows very little about tires and motorcycles. I think you clowns need to take the Buick to work tomorrow. Motorcycles are too dangerous. Sheesh.
I'm coming out your way this summer. Maybe I need to buy you a beer, instead.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:09 PM   #68
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
My Mother slapped me, once...... ONCE........
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:09 PM   #69
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
He's into details,...
Old 02-12-2010, 05:24 AM   #70
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
I'm coming out your way this summer. Maybe I need to buy you a beer, instead.
Only if you keep the original beer in the original bottle, otherwise we both might die!