Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance

Old 02-07-2010, 04:54 PM   #11
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
I had the same problem with a CB125 that sat 5 years in a shed. I had to pull the head and pound the piston loose. Then it needed a light hone and new rings. The GT500 should be easier since you don't have valves. Just pull the pipes and head and bang away.
Did you hone the cylinder walls yourself, or take it to a machine shop?
Dr_Sprocket is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-07-2010, 07:06 PM   #12
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
Did you hone the cylinder walls yourself, or take it to a machine shop?
There's an excellent local auto parts/machine shop that I use..... until those ****ing autozones and checkers put it out of business. I prefer to leave that sort of work to someone who knows exactly what they are doing... bore jobs and such.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:56 PM   #13
dad1983
Registered Member

I want to start off by saying thanks to all you guys for the information ive got so far. This is a great site. Anyways i got on ebay and was able to find a lot of parts for this bike. I found a connector that plugs into the connector i described in an ealier post for the battery terminals. I also found a throttle cable and clutch cable. So i'm pretty stoked about that. I'm gonna probably pull the heads off and see about getting them honed and getting bigger rings. I got to get this thing running for my wife before summer. Thanks guys. Ill let you know how it comes along.
dad1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 03:40 PM   #14
A Star Ride
Registered Member

Engine innards aint my thing, but theres some pretty fart smellars round here to get good advice from. I origionally came for electrical advice and now they wish they'd never helped. Good luck to u & wife.