Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2010, 10:40 PM   #1
braulnbeem
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1
Default HID upgrade

Thinking of upgrading my bmw 1150 headlights to hid's. Anyone have thoughts on this upgrade? good or bad? Been looking at 1 OFF Motorsports HID Light systems and Powersports Products | HID Lights for Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Honda, BMW Touring, and Offroad since bmwsporttouring.com forum members have talked pretty highly of it.
braulnbeem is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-26-2010, 07:32 AM   #2
A Star Ride
Registered Member
 
A Star Ride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: central Va
Posts: 1,126
Default

I bought them for my truck when 1 side was out I thought I'd upgrade, and the only difference I could tell was at the register. They were 3X more then the OEM and I see no difference in lighting quality (or I expected too much).
__________________
White Trash Hick from Appalachia
A Star Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 02:32 PM   #3
st.1oftd
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1
Default HID Kit

Thank you for your interest in 1off motorsports, i would definitely say this would be a good choice for a number of reasons. 1st and foremost you will have a huge increase in light output, See and be seen is our slogan. 2nd the price is vary competitive, 99$ for a single beam. Then when you way the fact that it is guaranteed for life you will have the confidence that you won't need to repurchase over and over again. In the works is a harness that has the canbus decoder already included, not as an extra part that is already difficult to fit it small places (ie stock motorcycle housing) This is being tested in several different bmw across the USA to make sure it works in all climates. Visit the site to see and hear more. 1 OFF Motorsports HID Light systems and Powersports Products | HID Lights for Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Honda, BMW Touring, and Offroad

No buyers remorse when it is risk free, you will wonder why you waited this long to upgrade.
st.1oftd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 02:37 PM   #4
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member
 
Kenneth_Moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VIsiting the GIft Shop in the Pit of DIspair
Posts: 7,118
Default

Jesus Christ, the spammers are now answering their own f'ing fake posts!

Hey, anybody tried Doo Doo Flakes, available exclusively at www.doodoo.com?

Why yes, I've tried Doo Doo Flakes, and my bowel movements are now the best part of my day. In fact, I'm going to visit www.doodoo.com now to order some more!
__________________
www.kennethmoore.org
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 02:58 PM   #5
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

Ken this is just one of the many services we Super Mods at MO perform free of charge to you, the viewing public.......
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:16 PM   #6
pushrod
Founding Member
 
pushrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Baja 'Bama
Posts: 3,642
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Jesus Christ, the spammers are now answering their own f'ing fake posts!

Hey, anybody tried Doo Doo Flakes, available exclusively at www.doodoo.com?

Why yes, I've tried Doo Doo Flakes, and my bowel movements are now the best part of my day. In fact, I'm going to visit www.doodoo.com now to order some more!
I am SO TEMPTED to hit the link, but I'm at work, and there ain't no tellin' what will happen!
__________________
You would not understand,
this is not how I am...

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 04:39 PM   #7
The_AirHawk
Founding Member
 
The_AirHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leanin' Tower O' P-P-P-P-POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Posts: 11,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushrod View Post
I am SO TEMPTED to hit the link, but I'm at work, and there ain't no tellin' what will happen!
Well, then you don't want to hit this link to lots of Free Porn while at your desk, do you?
__________________
Parfois, on fait pas semblant
Sometimes, it's not pretend
Oderint Dum Metuant
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 06:40 PM   #8
pushrod
Founding Member
 
pushrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Baja 'Bama
Posts: 3,642
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Well, then you don't want to hit this link to lots of Free Porn while at your desk, do you?

I love that site!

The one on my wall is "Mistakes" with the sunken ship. "It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others."
__________________
You would not understand,
this is not how I am...

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:36 PM   #9
A Star Ride
Registered Member
 
A Star Ride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: central Va
Posts: 1,126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Jesus Christ, the spammers are now answering their own f'ing fake posts!

Hey, anybody tried Doo Doo Flakes, available exclusively at www.doodoo.com?

Why yes, I've tried Doo Doo Flakes, and my bowel movements are now the best part of my day. In fact, I'm going to visit www.doodoo.com now to order some more!
"IT WORKS", you crack me up
__________________
White Trash Hick from Appalachia
A Star Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:11 AM   #10
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushrod View Post
I love that site!

The one on my wall is "Mistakes" with the sunken ship. "It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others."

On my office wall I have the WW2 GI all dirty in his steel pot holding his canteen cup and smiling, the logo is "How about a nice big cup of shut the f*ck up" on the bottom it says "think before you say something stupid"
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump