Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-mods-maintenance/)
-   -   Project Bike Thread - Sticky (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-mods-maintenance/13950-project-bike-thread-sticky.html)

seruzawa 12-23-2009 07:12 AM

Project Bike Thread - Sticky

Okay, I was sitting around with a murderous cough and taking some extra prescription cough medicine and came up with this brilliant idea. Or maybe stupid idea. The cough syrup has a mind of its own.

I think we need a permanent forum to discuss project bike ideas and issues. Myself, I'm jonesing for a street fighter but being a noted skinflint rather than run out and buy a Speed Triple (I'm saving my pennies for a Tiger) I'm considering picking up an old GSX750 and doing a treatment.

This got me to thinking that there have been other modified bikes discussed here, but it's really hard to find the discussions. Most notable IMHO is Duken's top notch treatment of his FZ1. It sounds like he did a bang up job, but how does one find his write up? My solution is in the absence of a specific forum is to have some sticky threads on Project Bikes in the Motorcycle Mods Forum. This way valuable facts/data can be found more easily. Also people can discuss current past and future projects and get advice from others who may have attempted the same thing.

I don't know about you guys but I love doing my own projects and love reading about others' projects. As another reprobate who lives, eats and breathes bikes I really like to hear what others do to improve their rides themselves rather than running out to buy a manufacturer's idea of the same. After all, that's what it's all about, right?

Buzglyd 12-23-2009 07:42 AM

Do we get to write about the chrome we stuck on our Harleys? Or how many GPSs we have on our Beamers?

seruzawa 12-23-2009 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 230658)
Do we get to write about the chrome we stuck on our Harleys? Or how many GPSs we have on our Beamers?

Sure. Even exhaust mods and intercoms so that your GF can tell you what to do.

longride 12-23-2009 07:59 AM

I'll post up my complete Knuck rebuild from start to finish soon. I'm at mock-up stage now, but I won't start the story until I am closer to the finish line.

sarnali2 12-23-2009 09:16 AM

I'll tell you how loud my D&D cans are and how many tons of power they add......

The_AirHawk 12-23-2009 10:35 AM

I've got a Projekt Hawk(tm) streetfighter I'm in the middle of, Komrades:

VFR 8-spoke rim
Powdercoated frame
700cc engine with Hord Inside(tm)
Duc 750SS EFI throttle-bodies with MegaSquirt 'lectrickeries
Mille USD fork and 6-spoke rim
CBR F3 fuel tank
Carbon Fibre Hugger rear-fender
Jim Davis/Hawkworks tail and subframe
Hiperform undertail exhaust

It's all in pieces, but the pieces ARE finally all there - hope to have it in one piece before the end of 2010. (I've got a full schedule)

MOKE1K 12-24-2009 07:08 PM

This ones gorgous, my idea of a naked bike.

jack.deng.cn 12-29-2009 05:18 PM

I definitely love reading your guy's projects!

mscuddy 12-29-2009 07:04 PM

Nekkid fancies

Mah ideah uf a nekid bike is a '60 150 Dreamcycle done up in chrome 'n leather boa constrikster with a big hookah fer a gastank 'n his & hers stepped Cobra ceets done up in indigo zebra print.

Yeah! Rebel Yell!

pplassm 12-31-2009 09:18 PM

Just got done doing a complete build of my YSR50. YZ80 engine, Lots of Team Calamari stuff. Yellow and black "bumblebee" paint job.

Simply awesome!

Pics here: Pete's Site - 1988 Yamaha YSR50/80