Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-mods-maintenance/)
-   -   2000 HD night train swap (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-mods-maintenance/13897-2000-hd-night-train-swap.html)

RayHardin 12-13-2009 11:09 AM

2000 HD night train swap

I have an 88b in my 2000 night train and want to swap 2008 screaming eagle jugs and pistons. Is this a match or should I just bore mine? Thanks

longride 12-13-2009 02:23 PM

Just bore yours to 95 inches and get 10:1 flattop pistons.

Kenneth_Moore 12-14-2009 05:14 AM

You won't get much out of just upping the displacement. The real power bump comes with uprated cams and heads. Talk to your local authorized Harley Davidson dealer. He's got the parts and services you need to keep that Night Train on Track and On Time.

mscuddy 12-14-2009 07:50 PM

You want at least 105 cu.in. and 11.1 compression (race gas motor), KH cams with a .50 lift on the intake and ratio rockers. Get a big 44mm Mikuni and moly pushrods, nice Venola forged pistons with moly rings & cut outs for intake valve (run lots of overlap on the intake side). Get some resized nitrited rods & hardened crankpin on a welded crank.

No go set off some car alarms...

Kenneth_Moore 12-15-2009 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mscuddy (Post 230045)
You want at least 105 cu.in. and 11.1 compression (race gas motor), KH cams with a .50 lift on the intake and ratio rockers. Get a big 44mm Mikuni and moly pushrods, nice Venola forged pistons with moly rings & cut outs for intake valve (run lots of overlap on the intake side). Get some resized nitrited rods & hardened crankpin on a welded crank.

No go set off some car alarms...

Yeah. What he said.

pushrod 12-15-2009 07:36 AM

If the OP ever posts again...

All the above is good info, but the basic point would be that you can probably buy the SE slugs and jugs cheaper than you could have your stock bores cut, and then having to buy the piston sets.

Heck, just go to the HD store and buy a Jim's(R) motor. (Are they still doing that?) Then you can sell your stock engine. Maybe.

sarnali2 12-15-2009 09:27 AM

What that commie fag Ken said, you can buy all that Screamin' Beagle top end stuff at your local Authorized Harley Davidson dealership who has the tools, parts and know-how to break out some serious power from that mill...(for off-road use only, not legal in Calif. on vehicles equipped with catalytic converters, additional parts req' for proper installation, see your Dealer for correct fitment, results may vary depending on factors beyond Harley Davidsons control. Please operate your vehicle in a safe manner Harley Davidson recommends wearing a helmet and proper eye protection all rights reserved use of certain high performance parts may void your factory warranty see your Authorized Harley Davidson Dealer for details.)

A Star Ride 01-08-2010 09:29 PM

WOW, we went from cams, pushrods & ratio rockers to designer handbags

Kenneth_Moore 01-09-2010 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Star Ride (Post 231813)
WOW, we went from cams, pushrods & ratio rockers to designer handbags

It's because we're gay. Or Black. Or African-American. Or something else I can't remember right now.

The_AirHawk 01-09-2010 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 231840)
It's because we're gay. Or Black. Or African-American. Or something else I can't remember right now.

"I'm Mulatto from the waist-down; it happens that way, sometimes.........."