Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance

Old 08-12-2009, 01:16 PM   #41
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeU View Post
It's not the "older" version, it's the "other" version. Damnit.
Ah the other version. Got it.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-12-2009, 03:02 PM   #42
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeU View Post
Is it? I have no experience with them, only what I've read on some forums. I was thinking they made decent gains with exhaust/carb work.
Oh, SURE you can make more power - if you like Grenades......

(anything can be made to make more power - guess I should have clarified about reliability)
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...

Last edited by The_AirHawk : 08-12-2009 at 03:18 PM.
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:15 PM   #43
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
It sounds like you'll be the one heading the ban? Thats what I dont get. Let em do what they want. Who cares if its done improperly, I dont.
What you don't get is called SELF CONTROL - and most people don't possess it in regards to stupid shyte like this. He's not "heading the ban" - but is (much like myself) more than a little cheesed about the ass holes that are bringing it about. Once they've ruined their "hobby" (and something that a minority regard as an important part of their lives) they'll just go on to the next self-gratifying thrill, and ruin THAT for everybody else doing it too.........

I don't know about seruzawa, but I LIKE loud bikes (and cars, and loud music at parties), Moke. I also LIKE cool wheelies and stoppies, and burnouts, and bikes and cars that people have customized in some way and made it "different" and their own - but there are a few shyte-for-brains c*cksuckers out there that just don't know WHEN to F'n say WHEN. And that catches the attention of the General Public, and Pols like that scumbag-shytehead down there in Florida. And you know what results from that, if you've been paying attention at all since the late-'80s.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:18 PM   #44
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
What you don't get is called SELF CONTROL - and most people don't possess it in regards to stupid shyte like this. He's not "heading the ban" - but is (much like myself) more than a little cheesed about the ass holes that are bringing it about. Once they've ruined their "hobby" (and something that a minority regard as an important part of their lives) they'll just go on to the next self-gratifying thrill, and ruin THAT for everybody else doing it too.........

I don't know about seruzawa, but I LIKE loud bikes (and cars, and loud music at parties), Moke. I also LIKE cool wheelies and stoppies, and burnouts, and bikes and cars that people have customized in some way and made it "different" and their own - but there are a few shyte-for-brains c*cksuckers out there that just don't know WHEN to F'n say WHEN. And that catches the attention of the General Public, and Pols like that scumbag-shytehead down there in Florida. And you know what results from that, if you've been paying attention at all since the late-'80s.
I love the sound of a medium loud I-4 in good tune. Or an HD with a Vance and Hines 2-1. I especially love the sound of a TZ750 with expansion chambers... the Devil's Chainsaw. I loved the sound of my 1971 Cutlass Thruch mufflers. I love wheelieing.. in the dirt and on the backside of the Alpine Loop. I love the sound of AirHawk's Mustang clipping cones on the slalom and his cursing.

However I respect my neighbors and don't want to be responsible for freaking out some cager and having her crash her mini-van full of soccer players. So I leave the antics and loudness off the urban roads.

Oh, wait.. I'm sorry. Because I think idiots with loud banging exhaust pipes are ruining the sport that means I'm leading the move for a ban. Sorry.

I'm trying to prevent a ban. Idiots.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:50 PM   #45
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

You aren't going to prevent anything. Your neighbors probably don't like you anyway because you are doing something different. Hell, we had bicycles here that were banned off the local trails, and they don't even make a peep. Some asswipe didn't like them being there, so they banned them. Go figure. If it isn't noise, then it will just be something else. There are millions of excuses to ban just about anything. Everything annoys someone.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:51 PM   #46
newagetwotone
Registered Member

So why can't we all just follow the laws? I have a slow degenerative eye disease related to glaucoma, i have since i was little, it runs in my family. My eye Dr. tells me it shouldnt effect me in any negative fashion until im in my 50s or 60s. BUT marijuana could totally prevent ANY problems... EVER. But i dont. Its not legal, weather i believe it should be or not is irrelevant. Its illegal.

So why do people chop up their mufflers and what not to an extent that it makes their bikes illegal? why is it so hard to follow laws that are that black and white? It is not legal to use Muffler X on a public road. THEN DON'T DO IT. Its not legal to do wheelies on highways. THEN DONT DO IT.

Why is it that hard to understand?
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 05:42 PM   #47
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

I had 12 loud and obnoxious motorcycles at one time, and my lawnmower even had an old Hooker XL175 Mehaphone exhaust pipe on it, was REAL LOUD when I mowed the lawn, smoked too, since the rings were shot. Oh how I loved smoking out the front of the house LOUDLY while my neighbors peeked out from between the veneitan blinds, cursing. I did more for greenouse gasses in one hour than Chinda does in a week. Ah, snif snif..memories...
Old 08-12-2009, 05:45 PM   #48
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
You aren't going to prevent anything. Your neighbors probably don't like you anyway because you are doing something different. Hell, we had bicycles here that were banned off the local trails, and they don't even make a peep. Some asswipe didn't like them being there, so they banned them. Go figure. If it isn't noise, then it will just be something else. There are millions of excuses to ban just about anything. Everything annoys someone.
So, why can't we ban sarnali?
Old 08-12-2009, 06:02 PM   #49
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
So, why can't we ban sarnali?
It's that "moderator" thing, I think.

He'd just come back. Like a wart on a Witches er...... Nose......
Old 08-13-2009, 05:44 AM   #50
SmokeU
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
It's that "moderator" thing, I think.

He'd just come back. Like a wart on a Witches er...... Nose......

Or like a bad penny or like a madura, they just keep turning up.
SmokeU is offline   Reply With Quote