Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance

Old 08-10-2009, 08:23 PM   #11
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Seruzawa you can bring up multiple articles that state slip ons(they didnt mention any full exhaust?) dont make that much more power than a stock exhaust. Duuu? No big secret with slipons? For every article you can find I can get endless dyno charts that reveal otherwise. It may not be a hugh increase on top. You have to look from the lower rpm mark to peak hp, not just peak hp? You have to see where the new line crest over all the valleys, as its making its way up the chart in rpms. That is where the real gains are measured. Most of the advantage of an exhaust is weight savings and/for me off idle response time.(A hugh advantage, dont believe me ask some of the editors that race currently?) These are some reasons I add an exhaust, after the suspension is completed. Stock or aftermarket.

Adding a $1500.00 dollar full exhaust w/custom a map only makes a big difference once other modifications have been performed. Its a full package? Its like dressing up a Harley with every little do-dad imaginable, it sometimes turns into a hobby or worse an addiction. Here are some of my mods/ Full titanium exhaust, airfilter, Bazzaz pc, w/quick-shifter & air mixture modual, volocity stacks, lighter wheels, 520 conversion, lighter wave rotors, Ohlins front forks, Ohlins rear shock, Ohlins steering dampner, etc... The exhaust alone will not make much of a difference in overall hp but give you a quicker roll on out of corners thats the advantage. As with any race bike all the mods make a bigger difference once they are all installed and set up properly.

Which brings me to a point, if you look at any of the AMA, WSBK, and even MOTOGP they regularly back-fire and sometimes shoot flames out their exhaust. This doesnt mean its tuned improperly its tuned to the condition of what they want out of the bike for that perticular day. Be it a little on the rich side or a little the on the lean side, depending on what your going for and the conditions of that day. Which brings up another point, if they dont make that much of a difference then why is it that every race team runs an aftermarket exhaust? Duuu? You ol guys can believe what ever ya want. Just remember its only the internet. Run your stock exhaust if thats what you choose, me? Guess in your eyes Iam just here pissin off the Man, who ever he/she is now-a-days? Peace! Buuuurrraaaahhhh!

Last edited by MOKE1K : 08-11-2009 at 05:12 AM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-10-2009, 08:51 PM   #12
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

We're not talking about racebikes, we're talking about some cheesehead who thinks yanking a stock tuned Ti exhaust off his new GSXR and slipping an Akro on their is going to benefit him.......

Contexts brah, got to keep in context......

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 05:17 AM   #13
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Well I ride mine on the street and at trackdays? So whats your point? I like to add bits to make it different, to make it work better than stock? Why is that such a problem here. No one here bolts on aftermarket goodies? I guess I get no love unless Iam constructing totally new cases huh?
Old 08-11-2009, 05:37 AM   #14
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"No one here bolts on aftermarket goodies?"

"You can't bolt on skill"
Old 08-11-2009, 07:01 AM   #15
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Seruzawa you can bring up multiple articles that state slip ons(they didnt mention any full exhaust?) dont make that much more power than a stock exhaust. Duuu? No big secret with slipons? For every article you can find I can get endless dyno charts that reveal otherwise. It may not be a hugh increase on top. You have to look from the lower rpm mark to peak hp, not just peak hp? You have to see where the new line crest over all the valleys, as its making its way up the chart in rpms. That is where the real gains are measured. Most of the advantage of an exhaust is weight savings and/for me off idle response time.(A hugh advantage, dont believe me ask some of the editors that race currently?) These are some reasons I add an exhaust, after the suspension is completed. Stock or aftermarket.

Adding a $1500.00 dollar full exhaust w/custom a map only makes a big difference once other modifications have been performed. Its a full package? Its like dressing up a Harley with every little do-dad imaginable, it sometimes turns into a hobby or worse an addiction. Here are some of my mods/ Full titanium exhaust, airfilter, Bazzaz pc, w/quick-shifter & air mixture modual, volocity stacks, lighter wheels, 520 conversion, lighter wave rotors, Ohlins front forks, Ohlins rear shock, Ohlins steering dampner, etc... The exhaust alone will not make much of a difference in overall hp but give you a quicker roll on out of corners thats the advantage. As with any race bike all the mods make a bigger difference once they are all installed and set up properly.

Which brings me to a point, if you look at any of the AMA, WSBK, and even MOTOGP they regularly back-fire and sometimes shoot flames out their exhaust. This doesnt mean its tuned improperly its tuned to the condition of what they want out of the bike for that perticular day. Be it a little on the rich side or a little the on the lean side, depending on what your going for and the conditions of that day. Which brings up another point, if they dont make that much of a difference then why is it that every race team runs an aftermarket exhaust? Duuu? You ol guys can believe what ever ya want. Just remember its only the internet. Run your stock exhaust if thats what you choose, me? Guess in your eyes Iam just here pissin off the Man, who ever he/she is now-a-days? Peace! Buuuurrraaaahhhh!
Yes? And? All I said is that putting on a slipon will usually harm performance and it is true. Sorry if you don't like it. Dyno charts from pipe manufacturers are worthless. Only idiots believe them.

What does racing have to do with it? Less than 1% of the owners of replicas actually race them. And race bikes make banging noises? Well, duh. They also rebuild the engines frequently. In pro racing every hp helps. For the average sport biker, it's just noise and 3 hp at the top end is pretty much useless on public roads. If people like them them I don't care, they just need to set the mixture so they don't reveal themselves as idiots.

In any case some day the cops will start pulling over loud bikes and impounding them if there's no DOT stamp on the muffler and I'll pop a beer as the owners pony up the $25,000 fines.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:02 AM   #16
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Here are some of my mods/ Full titanium exhaust, airfilter, Bazzaz pc, w/quick-shifter & air mixture modual, volocity stacks, lighter wheels, 520 conversion, lighter wave rotors, Ohlins front forks, Ohlins rear shock, Ohlins steering dampner, etc...
I put foam tubes on my handlebar grips and a neat-o sticker that says Joe Rocket on the gas tank. Pretty awesome if you ask me.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:27 AM   #17
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
I put foam tubes on my handlebar grips and a neat-o sticker that says Joe Rocket on the gas tank. Pretty awesome if you ask me.
Hey! Where'd you get the foam? What brand is it? Akrofoamic?
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 05:59 AM   #18
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
"No one here bolts on aftermarket goodies?"

"You can't bolt on skill"
Certainly can't
Old 08-12-2009, 06:06 AM   #19
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Certainly can't
Apparently you can bolt on a schvanstuka. I was watching this movie the other day...
Old 08-12-2009, 06:49 AM   #20
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Well 9 out of 10 women prefer Snap-On tools.....

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote